Chapter 19

Sunday.

"Kassie are you getting dressed?" Jenn sighed as she kicked Kassie's feet from the sofa to sit down. "What for? We're not doing anything, and its sunday" Kassie sighed as she put her phone up to her eyes again. "Yeah, but its noon...its nearly three in the afternoon and your still in pyjamas" Jenn told her. "Your not my mom!" Kassir stuck out her tongue. "Sometimes i feel like it" Jenn shook her head as she turned away from Kassie.

Cheryl sat in her room on her laptop. Scrolling through stuff online. "Hey." A voice disturbed her. She turned and saw Jodi smiling at her door before walking in. "What you doing?" She asked her. "Nothing...." Cheryl shook her head and shrugged. "Cool....im heading out to get some stuff...wanna come with?" Jodi smiled. Cheryl looked at her silent. "I just...you could use the air...you havent been out since Thursday night" Jodi told her as she looked away. Cheryl sighed as she turned to her laptop again. "Im fine, thanks Jodi" She told her. "Are you sure? I dont mind. We could go to the ice cream store too?" Jodi smiled at her but got a shook head for a reply. "Okay, well....i wont be long. The girls are downstairs...." She nodded before leaving her room.

Cheryl sighed as she clicked from window to window. Searching plane tickets, to online shopping, to music.....
She looked out the window, and saw how sunny it was. She looked at the time, it was just before three. She could do with some air...but she'd rather be alone. Just to think, she didnt feel like talking. Cheryl shut her laptop screen down and stood up and she took her phone. She picked out small white wedges and stuck them on. She had shorts, and a nice long top on. Leaving her hair down, straight, she sprayed some perfume and deodrant again.

Looking at herself in the mirror, her makeup looked okay. She applied lip balm and grabbed her headphones before sticking them in her phone. She closed her room door a little before jogging down the stairs. She peered through the living room doors to see Kassie and Jenn. They were talking amongst themselves before Cheryl creeped over to the front door and walked out, closing the door quietly behind her. She turned and looked at the beach a few blocks away from their house. She put on her headphones, music on as she stuck her phone in her pocket and she started to just walk.

-

Cheryl had been out for nearly an hour. Just walking, looking at stuff. Houses, palm trees, some small stores. It was good to get out, she spotted the beach and she headed towards it with any hesitation. Her music flowing through her headphones, sinking into her ears made everything okay. Music always made her better...since forever. Walking along the wall before heading onto the sand, Cheryl looked around seeing people at the water, just chilling, friends hanging out. Even a few coupes walking hand in hand.

Smiling Cheryl sat down and removed her headphones. Hearing the water, come in and go. The little breeze, and some peoples chatter. The sun, still out made everything feel like it was still early in the day, even though it was early evening. Cheryl stook the headphones cord from her phone and sat them down beside her as she unlocked her phone and started randomly going through things. A text then came through from Jenn, asking where she was and if she was okay. Well, she got away for at least an hour without questions.

Sometimes its better to talk through things. Especially with friends, but theres aways somethings that...cant be okay with just a little chat. To be honest, there were some things where Cheryl hated talking about. With what happened recently...was one of them. She just needed silence to be with herself to think. She knew her friends cared for her and loved her but she just didnt want to talk. She evem had to tell her mom nothing had happened when she called the other night. Just wondering how everything is and wondering if your safe! was always the words from her mom.

She loved her parents, but she was used to being by herself most of the time. She spent most of her school life, when at home....alone. That gave her a lot of time to herself to think. Smiling, she began to text Jenn back. Message sent.

To Jenn x :
"Yeah, i'm fine. Im just taking some time to myself. Thats all, just out about and about...be back soon. xx"

Cheryl came out of her texts, her menu screen popped up. She looked up for a moment, looking down towards the water. Aw, she wished she'd took her camera with her now. She quickly took a photo from her phone and smiled as she looked at it on her screen. She took another and looked down again as she scrolled through her phone.

Just then the sun was gone. Two feet stood in front of her...her stomach turned as she gasped inside. She sighed a little, rolling her lips together. She began to think he breathing started getting faster, as so did her heart. Beginning to look up, to the persons shoes, to knees, to waist, and finally their face. Cheryl sighed as she looked up, no need to squint that much as their head covered the sunlight on her.

"So....i wasnt dreaming the other night." She bit her lip a little. A small silence sat with them. "Hello Cheryl...." Luke smiled a little, his deep voice rang in her ears. Cheryl nodded  a little as she looked down to the water again.