Chapter 36

28th August.

Cheryl sat in her room, on her laptop. It was early afternoon, and it was a hot day! The girls were doing their own thing, and the boys were out of town. They were due back in LA in two days, Saturday. Cheryl's phone chimed and she looked at her phone, beside her. Her screen lit up, and Luke's name sat on her screen. She smiled as she leaned over a little to read the text.

Luke : ) : " Check this out .... :) "

Cheryl made a face as she picked up her phone. "What?" She questioned quietly. She opened the text and looked at the link he sent. She looked at her laptop, and typed the link into her web bar. YouTube came up on her screen and a video.

" 5 Seconds of Summer - Announcing...DERP CON!! "

Cheryl watched the short video, laughing to herself. "Oh wow..." She complimented it.

To Luke :) : " Awesome! Cant wait for it! "

Luke :) : " We dont look like idiots, do we? "

To Luke :) : " No! Dont be silly. It looks, and sounds awesome! "

"Girls!! Kassie! Jenn! Jodi!" Cheryl shouted. "What?" Came from different places in the house. "Come here please!" Cheryl shouted back. A moment passed when the girls entered Cheryl's room, and Kassie's phone pinged. "That may be michael" Cheryl told her smiling. "Uh, why?" Kassie asked. "Because Luke just sent me a message, watch this!" The girls jointed Cheryl on her bed and watched the video she'd just played.

"Oh is that...it looks cool!" Jenn grinned. "Yeah it does." Cheryl nodded. "Then im glad we're going also...costumes? Will they be in those costumes? the same as......dont stop" Kassie asked. "I dont know, but i thought it was funny" Cheryl shrugged. "It is funny. Only them!" Jodi laughed. "So when do you think it'll happen?" Kassie asked them. "I dont know..." Jenn shrugged. "It wont happen this month...or next...their busy" Cheryl looked at her friends. "Hmm, well its their event, it'll be cool either way" Kassie nodded.

"Yeah, and its here in LA which means good quality weather" Jodi smiled. "Yeah, it'll be a fun day! Looking forward to it" Jenn smiled. "Speaking of them...have you decided on what we're doing next month?" Kassie nudged Cheryl. Turning, she looked at Kassie. "Have I decided? Its all of us" Cheryl smiled at her. "Yeah, i know. These two are obvious..." "Hey" Jenn and Jodi whined a little. "...but it was your idea..do you wanna go"? Kassie asked.

Sighing Cheryl shrugged. "I dont know. I dont want to fall into the same sprial, yet...i love being with them...with Luke" She told them. "Well, im all for what you girls want. Seriously" Kassie smiled. "Im not sure, i was thinking about it last night. Maybe, it isnt such a good idea" SHe told them "What?" Jenn sat up. "Im just saying, it may not look like it or sound like it, but...we need to be careful not to get hurt..." Cheryl sighed.

Kassie nodded. "I agree...we aint stupid, and we're not dumb. There is a difference. We're not desperate, and we're not attention seekers, i think we all have to think long and hard about this. Yes, think about spending time with them, laughing with them, watching them peform....but also remember to think about...their not the eighteen year old, playing in a garage band anymore. They're worldwide, known. Cameras, paps, fans, gossip...." Kassie told them.

"Wow, your starting to sound like my mother" Jenn told her wide eyed. "Im serious Jenn...think about it" Kassie told her. "And when we decide?" Jodi asked. "When we decide, then...we'll do it" "What if its like...two against two, or three against one?" Jenn asked. "We'll take the majority vote" Kassie smiled before getting up. The girls smiled at Cheryl before leaving too.

Cheryl sat staring at the video. She kind of already knew what she wanted, but would it be worth it?