Chapter 47

The next night.

It was 7pm, and Cheryl decided to take a walk to the beach. The sun was beginning to set, making the sky a dark orange and the water glisten in the light. She walked along a familiar bridge and smiled as she looked out to the water. A few people were walking on the beach, and some were sitting. Some young adults sat at the beach wall.

The atmosphere was calm, and quiet. Cheryl took a breath and sighed, smiling she looked around. She walked down the little steps to the sand, and sat down on a wall not too far from the water. She looked up, and around to the familar scenery. She hadnt been at this part of the beach before, but it did look familiar. She sat for a few minutes, minding her own buisness, watching people walk along near the water.

Her phone chimed and she stook it from her shorts pocket and checked it.

Luke :) : " Hey, what you doing? :) "

Cheryl : " Nothing, just taking some time to myself :) you? "

Luke :) : " Nothing much. Having a night off :P "

Cheryl : " Ah! Heading out tonight? "

Luke :) : " Nope. I want a night in. Writing some songs...Michael is on XBOX anyway lmao! "

Cheryl : " Haha, as always :P You with the guys? "

Luke :) : "No, im actually walking right now. "

Cheryl : " Really? Without bodyguards :D "

Luke :) : " Haha! Funny. Yes, im alone... "

Cheryl : " Same. Be careful...x"

Luke :) : " Always am Chez :) x "

Putting her phone down, she held it in her hands as she looked back down to the water. She sat for around ten minutes before someone disturbed her. "Enjoying the view?" A voice asked. Cheryl looked around, and then up at the bridge to see Luke staring down at her, smiling. She shook her head and laughed. "Are you following me?" She giggled. "Yeah...i mean no!" He joked at he chuckled. "Stalker!" She spoke loudly before laughing. "What?!" He sqeaked a little.

"Come join me then....dont leave me all alone" She narrowed her eyes up at him. He smiled and nodded before making his way down to the sand, and next to her. He sat down on the wall beside her and sighed. "Still wearing those skinny jeans..." Cheryl giggled looking at him. "Whats wrong with that?" He asked. "Nothing! Im just saying, ive not seen you out of them...well, yeah i have actually. Sophmore year, blue jeans, and trainers" She giggled.

"With hair flattened into my head" He told her and she nodded. "Yep!" She laughed a little. "Hm" He chuckled. "Its amazing how time changes...seems like yesterday i was a freshman" She sighed shaking her head. "Id prefere to do senior year over again..." He told her. "Why?" She turned to him, butterflies growing in her stomach. "Well, if rather do over junior and senior year" He corrected himself. "Just to...not start shit. Do stuff i didnt...so i dont regret anything" He turned to her.

Cheryl nodded and smiled a little. "Yah, i guess...." She turned away from him. "We all couldve done more trips too...." Luke pouted a little, earing a small giggle from Cheryl. "Remember when we drove out here...?" She asked. "Yeah, i do...that weekend flew past. It was odd" Luke chuckled. "Very. Awkward at times too..." Cheryl admitted. "This is just as beautiful, as that beach..it does look...simlar. Especially....that...bridge..." She trailed off as she turned to Luke.

A smile appeared on his face as he nodded. "Oh my gosh...." Cheryl laughed quietly. "It should look similar, this was the same beach we were at. We parked the car just up on that road at the bridge" Luke told her nodding. "Wow, heres to think....wow" Cheryl shook her head. "That was uncomfortable, trying to sleep in that car! Who even does that?!" Cheryl laughed. "Us!" Luke laughed with her.

"We were teenagers!" Cheryl joked slightly. "It is amazing how time changes" Luke nodded as he looked out into the distance. "Yeah. Last time we were here we..." Cheryl stopped mid sentence and sighed. Turning to Luke, he turned to her too. "The first time we...." He repeated looking at her. Cheryl smiled as she shook her head. "First time you...." She corrected. Luke chuckled a little as he went a little red. "Yeah, your very right there" He nodded.