Chapter 48

Cheryl and Luke sat in a moments silence looking out to the water. "Do you regret anything from school....regret me?....kissing me?" Cheryl asked still looking ahead. "What? Why would you think that?!" Luke asked sounding offended. Cheryl shrugged. "Because it may be true" She told him. "No! Of course not Chez...." He looked at her. Cheryl smiled and looked at him. "Maybe it was good...we didnt work out. We werent really for each other Luke" She told him.

"Why?" He asked. "Because, your this...good looking boy who can sing, and is now in a band...im just the average looking girl who takes photos. I never was the IT girl in school" She told him. "Has it ever occured to you that...i didnt or dont care about the IT girl, but about the beautiful girls? Beautiful inside and out" He told her. Cheryl smiled and nodded. "Besides, we didnt not work out...it was complicated, and it was travelling around." He sighed.

"Now look at us...id rather be good friends than nothing to be honest Luke" Cheryl looked up at him. "Yeah, i get it. Me too" He nodded. "Yeah, i mean...you pushed me around and called me names and i still....liked you...." Cheryl shrugged. "I was a dick...we all were but..." "The girls arent going to ever forget that...but their love for you guys helps clouds it" She turned to him.

Luke sat, a small smiled of his face. "Im not fucking around anymore. We dont hate you, we still love you guys...but not as what...we did" Cheryl sighed turning away from him. Luke sat his hand on top of Cheryl's, she turned her hand around and held his hand. "I dont want to keep bringing up the past...i feel like im nothing but a nagging bitch if i do..." She laughed quietly. "No, your not" Luke shook his head. "But, i just want to you to know...what we know. Now, this is confusing and difficult, even now. We have girls hating on us because we were photographed with you" She sighed.

"We understand though, and its not like we're hiding anything" Cheryl looked at him and smiled. "Anyway..." She moved her hand away from Luke's grip and sighed. "I think i should head back...the girls will be wondering where i am" She stood up. "Yeah, okay...i'll walk you back" Luke offered.

Luke walked Cheryl back to the girls house, and stood outside for a moment. "Thanks...are you sure you'll be fine walking back alone?" She raised an eyebrow. "Course, i'll be fine" He nodded taking a breath. "Your hair isnt as tall...as what it was in school" She hid a small smiled. "Yeah! i uh...got it cut and stuff, and i dont quiff it as high" He nodded. "Darker too....your growing into a man" Cheryl giggled earning a laugh from Luke.

"Look, Cheryl...John is having this party in New York in a few weeks. Its for the music, and putting in donations and stuff...we're going back to New York the beginning of the week of that weekend and we're going to turn up, since we've been invited. Its just, music producers and some of John's friends and family....and he invited you girls too..." He smiled at her. "Oh. Well uh, id have to ask the girls" Cheryl nodded.

"Yeah, i understand that. Just...you'll be with us in New York right?" He asked. "Oh yeah, we'll come along" She nodded. "Just...need to prepare this time and get ready for the landing" She laughed a little. Luke nodded. "Your invited, and can come along with us. John said he'd love to see you all again" He nodded. "Aw, well thats sweet of him. Sure, definetly if the girls like the idea" Cheryl nodded.

"Awesome! well..." Luke nodded. "Text me later okay" Cheryl smiled. "Let me know if you got home safe" She laughed a little. "Will do..." Luke grinned and nodded. He held out an arm and hugged Cheryl, hugging him back Cheryl took a breath and sighed. "Well, see ya later....Hemmings" She smiled at him. Luke turned to her and smirked. "Still got it, i see" He told her and laughed as he walked to the side walk.

He waved at her before walking along the street. Cheryl nodded to herself as she smiled warmly before turning and heading back indoors.

**Helloo Lovelies! So, i had to do this chapter again! Like write it, i wrote it last night, and it was supposed to be included in the last chapter but it decided to not save and just publish half of it! Anyway, hopefully this sounds good, i cant extirely remember word for word, but i tried! <3<3<3 **