Chapter 97

It had been a few hours since Jesse and Cheryl got back to the girls house. They had been talking about the past, back in college and about school years with some conversation about t the hopeful future. Cheryl didnt tell him about what had happened between her and Luke, or about any of them. At the end of the day, it was none of his concern and she wanted it to be kept that way.

12:30am.

"Yeah...but you thought it was made for painting..." Jesse told her. "It was a large machine, with a paint sponge thing at the end, also that was Hannah's idea, I just said it" Cheryl sighed. "Of course it was! Your not stupid, but that way funny!" Jesse laughed.

Both of them, rather tipsy with having Jesse drinking all the ' low cal' rum and Cheryl having half the strawberry bottle.

"Nah, i think there is way more vodka that expected in this" Cheryl looked at the bottle. "How come?" Jesse asked her, as he moved around on the sofa. "It stinks...of vodka" She told him. Silence. Jesse burst out laughing making Cheryl laugh. "It is vodka!" He told her. "I know, but...theres too much" She whined putting the bottle down. "Oh Chez, you really are a fun mess" He chuckled. "Im not a mess...i never drink unless its a special occasion" She pointed her finger.

"Oh, okay Miss Prissy" He joked. "Dont call me that! You showed up to class with waist coats on...dude" Cheryl told him. "They were smart, and casual" He huffed. "To a photograpghy class?!" She laughed. "You were just wanting to get the girls attention....you tried with Hannah but she liked someone else, then you tried with me" Cheryl told him.

"What makes you think that?" He asked her. "It was obvious. Always around us, talking to us, always trying to be on our side, and give us rides back to our dorms. No wonder your....ex! Hated us" Cheryl sighed, as she sipped up the last of the alcohol in her glass.

"Mm, you got some of that correct. However, the reason why i cared for you was because when i started getting to know you were a mess. You wouldnt come out your room, you came to class and wouldnt speak...your friends were worried. Hannah told me" Jesse scoffed. "It was hay fever season." Cheryl lied. "Thats why you sat in silence?! Some douchebag broke your heart...." He started off. "Shut up! You dont know him." Cheryl sighed.

"Listen, i dont have to know him. He sounded like an ass, and he acted like one when i met him" Jesse poured the last of the rum into his glass. "Uhhh....he's not an ass. Leave my friends alone." Cheryl defended them. "Cool. Like is said, love is over-rated these days. Everyone thinks their going to meet this incredible person, get whisked off to the marriage unit then run away in the sunset." Jesse sighed.

"....No, they dont. Guys are dicks. They put on this act for girls and expect us to run after then like lost puppies" Cheryl shook her head. "No all guys are the same...." He smiled at her. "Mm, yes. I know four guys who arent like that. One of them...the most sweetest guy you could ever meet" She told him, looking into his eyes.

"Well it must be love." Jesse sighed before sipping some drink. "Does he ever realise your not going to be around forever...like his lost puppy" He turned to her. Cheryl stared at him, his smug face staring back at her. "Who do you think you are...a therepist?" She asked. "Your friend" He corrected her. "My friend? Your not my friend Jesse, you never were. You just talk to me...and Hannah." She sighed, sitting up on the sofa.

"You havent given me a chance..." He told her. "Yeah because everytime we saw you, you were trying to get into another girls good books. ' Oh let me help you ' 'Do you want a ride home ' 'I think you've had enough, he doesnt deserve you... ' ' Want a hand with your case? ' " SHe told him. "The last two sound very familar?" She mocked a little. Jesse sighed. "You really think i was just talking to you for...getting into bed?" He asked her.

"Werent you? Arent all college guys?" She tutted. "In face...arent all guys?" She looked at him. "...I dont know. Ask your ex of a boyfriend, and his friends. Im sure they have plenty to tell" Jesse scoffed. "They wouldnt do that" Cheryl told him. "Wouldnt they? They're a band....every girl wants a piece of them...men are weak. They just jump at the chance...but some of us do have class" He nodded at her.
"Maybe your boyfriend isnt exactly keen to jump back onto the wagon because he knows he'll get another ass to fondle with" He told her.

Soon, a hard smack went across Jesse's face. He looked at Cheryl, tears in her eyes, anger on her face. He grabbed his cheek and stared at her. "Dont....you ever...say that!" She spat out at him. He rubbed the skin, that stung under her hand as he looked away from her. "Im...sorry" He sighed. "Yeah, your sorry a lot too!" She sniffed turning away from him and putting her glass down.

"Ahh, shit" He whined in pain. "You have a good force on you" He told her. "Yeah well you deserved it." She told him. "Look, Chez...I'm sorry. That was uncalled for, and really rude. Im sure...your friends arent like that, and you would know because you know them. Its the drink...and my mouth runs away a lot" He told her. "Yes, i got that!" She nodded at him.

"Sorry for....fucking up your face." She looked at him. "Dont stress about it. You have enough on your plate babe...you need to detox..." He sighed. "Dont call me that please? I hate that word...." She made a face. "Sorry, i say....it a lot" He smiled a little. "Mmm" Cheryl sighed and shook her head. "You're forgiven..." She shrugged. "You too...y'know for the slap" He chuckled a little. She raised her eyebrows and nodded.

"Cheryl...if your really into the fact of getting with Luke...you have to try. Dont sit around and mope about him not wanting to be with you. I dont know him...I dont know you guys together, but for what i've heard and seen from you...you guys had it good. Maybe, just try and make it work. Fuck what haters think or say, at the end of the day...the real people to care about are you and Luke" Jesse sighed. Cheryl looked at him, a smile appearing onto her face.

"Thank you." She nodded. "Anytime..." He sighed. "Its late...we should call it a night" Cheryl sighed and nodded. "Mm yeah...just put my glass over there" He leaned over towards the table at Cheryl's side. He sat the glass down and smiled at her, she smiled back at him as she leaned back so he could get past. Before knowing it, Jesse was heading  his lips onto Cheryl's. For the first time, ever since they'd met....was it going to happen?

This is why alcohol isnt a good mix with certain things. She jerked her head back and turned her face, leaving his mouth. "Jessie!" She called out. He sat back, wide eyed. "Sorry....I uh.." He stuttered a little. "You need to go now." She scoffed. "That wasnt a plan too...." Jesse began. "Just...go!" She looked at him. "Before, the other side of your face gets it..." She shook her head. "Sorry" He told her, grabbing his keys and jumping up. He tripped over his feet a little heading to the door. He opened it before Cheryl called his name.

He turned to her voice as she stood at the living room door. "You cant go. You've been drinking..." She folded her arms. He looked down at his keys then to her again. "Oh." He sighed. "Mm...you can crash on the sofa." She  shrugged. "Thank you" He told her. "Dont mention it. Dont ever mention what happened...and i'm never consuming alcohol with you again" She told him before she headed to the lounge. She picked up the glasses and bottles before heading to the kitchen and dumping out any remaining liquid.

She grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, and opened out the closet door, beside the kitchen where extra sheets and blankets were kept. She walked to the lounge again and threw down the sheet, softly before putting the water down in front of Jesse. "For the...possible headache or dryness" She nodded. He nodded after her. "Thanks" He smiled. "Dont mention it" She repeated. "Night" She told him before heading to the stairs and climbing them.

She headed to her room, and closed the door throwing her phone down on the bed, then soon herself. "Shit..." She whispered to herself. Was she just as bad as him? This is why she was bad for Luke, she was just as bad as any other girl. She hated herself for it.