Chapter 86

The next day. 23rd December. 4:30pm.

"You couldve went to see Luke today, sweetie i wouldnt have minded" Cheryl's mom told her as she stuffed last minute shopping into her car. "Yeah i know but....since i havent been home in months i felt like this was making up for it. I had fun" Cheryl smiled as she waved her hot chocolate drink from Starbucks, her mom got her.

"Besides, Luke said it was fine. I'll surprise him later, i'll pop over" Cheryl smiled at her mom as they got in the car. "Well i'd go as soon as we got home. His mom and dad may be busy for christmas. Espcially if his brothers are going to be at home" Her mom smiled, telling her. Cheryl nodded and pulled her phone out, as her mom drove out of the parking lot.

To Luke :) : " Whats happening tonight? You busy? xx "

Luke :) : " No, not doing anything. :) You have fun out today with your mom? xxx"

Cheryl : " Yeah it was cool. Loved it, just like old times! haha xxx "

"Yeah i think i will head out. Thanks for today mom, it was awesome!" Cheryl smiled at her mom. "Of course honey. I loved it too!" Her mom smiled widely as she watched the road. "So...since im home from christmas this year...whats santa getting me?" Cheryl giggled. "Ha, dont go too far Missy. You'll just have to wait!" Her mom told her grinning. "Mom! Im 20, you dont have to get me gifts anymore!" Cheryl sighed.

"Hey, your my daughter. I'll buy you things if i want too....and i want too!" Her mom told her, sounding a little sassy. "Oh fine then. Your lucky i got something tooo...." Cheryl giggled. "Oh what is it?" Her mom wanted to know. "Ahh, ah....cant say sorry" Cheryl mocked a little, as she and her mom laughed. "Oh ive missed this Chez..." Her mom smiled, and sighed. "Me too. Not everyday i could...see you face to face and shop, laugh and hug" Cheryl leaned over and hugged her moms arm.

"Yeah, your dad and I have missed you. Your dads working hours have changed...ive dropped some hours" Her mom told her. "Why didnt you do that when i was at school?" Cheryl sat up and sighed looking at her mom. Silence filled the car, with just a simple shrug from her mom. "Cool...." Cheryl nodded, quietly speaking as she turned on the radio.

"And I know now...thats i'm so down...!

And that was she looks so perfect by 5 seconds of summer. This is radio heart, and keep listening...."

"Oh my gosh!" Cheryl gasped. "Wow, looks at them" Her mom cooed a little. "Ha, i love hearing the songs on the radio. Doesnt really happen that often...but hey" Cheryl smiled as she looked at her phone.

To Luke :) : " Just heard your voice on the radio... ;P haha xxxx "

"Are the boys loving being the centre of attenion?" Her mom smiled. "Meh, yes and no. It can be kinda...draining. Well, it was for the girls. Hearing hate about them, gossip...everything. The boys have to deal with that 24/7 y'know?" Cheryl sighed.

Luke :) : " Really? Wow, did i sound awesome? haha xxx "

"Wow, that sounds like... a lot of work" Cheryl's mom sighed. "It is...especially hateful rumours" Cheryl told her. "What? Have anyone spoken about you?!" Her mom suddenly got defensive. "No, mom. Just....i can happen to anyone" Cheryl shrugged.

To Luke :) : " You sounded better than awesome #PunkRocknessOnPoint! haha! ;P <3 "

"Well theres a reason why its called rumours. Silly, childish people these days. Think nothing can hurt them because they're behind a computer or phone screen" Her mom sighed, shaking her head. "I know. Im not worring, its because i know the truth." Cheryl smiled a little.

-

As Cheryl and her mom pulled into their driveway, they got out and grabbed bags each from the trunk of the car. Her mom made her way to the door, and opened it heading inside. Following Cheryl, closed the door with his feet and sighed as she walked to the livingroom. The tree, up and decorations. Cheryl always loved christmas, it was a fun time! Music, decorations, presents.

Come on, you have to admit presents are cool!

"Ah, right where do you want these?" Cheryl asked holding bags. "Just put them in the spare room, along the hall. Thanks hun!" Her mom smiled. Heading out the livingroom and down the hallway to the spare room, she opened the door and put the bags down. She noticed, multiply presents in bags, and also wrapped up. The kid inside her made her excited about christmas morning.

She looked around before grabbing a box of candy canes she got out of a bag and opening them. She smiled and took two out and put them in her back pocket before opening one for herself. She left the room, and went to the living room and looked at the time. Just after 5 pm.

"Okay mom, are you okay? I'm going to head to Luke's...." Cheryl smiled. "Yeah thats fine sweetie. Be careful with the ice and that...." Her mom told her. "Sure, i know. Stick to the snow filled sidewalks" Cheryl giggled as she sat down the box of candy canes. Turning and heading out the living room, Cheryl grabbed the house keys and opened the front door.

"Oh wait Chez!" Her mom called. "Here, this is for Liz and Andrew." Her mom handed her a bag, that was quite heavy. "Gosh mom whats in here!?" Cheryl took it from her. "Some presents...money...stuff!" Her mom gestured, like it was no big deal. "Money? for who?" Cheryl asked. "I like to give presents to the family. Luke, his brothers..." Her mom smiled. "Mom! Jack and Ben are like...." "Shush! Dont be a scrooge. Theres history between us all now" Her mom smiled.

"Yeah, only Luke and I" Cheryl mumbled. "What was that?!" Her mom turned to her. "Nothing! I'll greet them a happy holiday too!" Cheryl stepped outside. "Look out for mistletoe!" Her mom giggled. Cheryl sighed as she walked out her gate and out onto the street. Keeping to the inside of the side walk she made her way to Luke's house. She hated driving in this weather, thats why she decided to risk falling. But hey, falling is better than crashing.