Chapter 96

A few weeks later.

"Are you sure your okay?" Cheryl's mom asked. 

"Yes, i'm fine. I've just landed in LA. I'll call you once i get to...my hotel." Chery sighed, walking wheeling one case and holding her phone. 

"Hotel? I thought you girls had a house in Los Angeles?" Her mom asked. 

"Yes we do. However, i dont feel like going there. I feel like i dont belong...after what happend" Cheryl told her.

"Dont ever think that honey! You go to that home, and be safe!" Her mom demanded. 

Cheryl tutted as she nodded. "Okay fine! I'll call you later mom, i love you and dad" She told her.

"We love you. See you soon sweetheart!" Her mom told her, before they hung up the phone.

Cheryl sighed, as she locked her phone and put it into her jacket pocket. Looking around, she exchanged some eye contact with people before she headed outside. The air was warm, yet the ground was damp. The atmopshere was light, but the sun wasnt hot. She looked around for a taxi, before one caught her eye at the corner of the parking lot. "That was easy" She spoke to herself, as she smiled and headed towards it.

"Cheryl?!" A voice called behind her. Stopping in her tracks, she looked at the taxi before turning around. "Jesse?" Cheryl spoke up as she stared back at him. "Hey, uh...what are you doing here?" He asked her, walking towards her. "Um, i have...busniess to do. Jobs." Cheryl told him. "Um, i didnt...reconise you there" She admitted to him, with his hair slicked back at the front and his head shaved in at the sides and back. "Mm, yeah i know" He chuckled a little.

"Do you want a ride? I have a car" He offered her. Cheryl looked behind her at the taxi before looking at him again. "About...what happened back a while ago. I apologise, so much. There was a lot on my plate, and no offence but...i was getting more pissed off with your...ex in my face" Jesse sighed. Cheryl scoffed a little. "Luke. Wasnt in your face, he was defending..." She told him, shaking her head.

"Im sorry. I really am." He looked at her. Cheryl looked at his cases, and bags beside him on a luggage trolley. "What are you doing here?" She asked him. "Photography business. I'm coming from Minnesota." He smiled a little. "Oh. Not from home then?" She asked him. "No. Not been in Atlanta for a while" He smiled, nodding. "Oh okay...cool" Cheryl turned away for a moment. "Well, i'm not gonna keep you. I uh, might see you around" He smiled at her. "Maybe" She told him, before nodding and turning around.

-

Cheryl made her way into the lounge of the house. She smiled, at the familiar room and then she looked around. It was Tuesday, and the boys werent back with the girls till Thursday. Her interview was Friday. The girls knew, but she told them not to tell the guys. Just in case. She wheeled her case to the stairs and climbed them holding onto the handle. She found her room again and walked in, sitting her case down. Sighing, she looked around then shook her head.

Cheryl unpacked her case, and sat her clothes out neatly before putting them into the wardrobe. Digging to the bottom of her case, she pulled out a long chain. It was Lukes. She found it, just under her sofa back home. Must've been from...that night. It had been lost since then she had to give it back to him. She stood, looking at it before smiling slighly and putting it on her dresser. Sitting up her case, she zipped it then placed it under her bed.

What could she do till Thursday? It was now early evening and she had no clue what to do. She made her way down the stairs, and she walked slowly into the lounge then through into the kitchen She opened the fridge, and looked at the empty storage. "Food." She nodded, speaking to herself. Closing the fridge, she headed back into the lounge and grabbed her purse. She left the house, locked up and headed towards the grocery store.