New Addition [2]

Perrie: 9

Leigh:6

Leigh-Anne had a dance recital and Jade and Jesy were over the moon. It was the first time the teacher had picked Leigh to dance in the show. She would also be the center of the group because she did so well in practice. Perrie was happy Leigh got picked but now she would have to miss the first few hours of her best friend's sleepover. They had about 2 hours before the show started and it took about 35 minutes to get there.

"Boo" Perrie had scared Leigh-Anne as she turned the corner and she screamed running away from Perrie. Perrie chased her laughing

"Sissy stop it," She said not watching where she was going, and fell on the hardwood floor. Perrie gasped quickly covering her mouth when she saw her eyes water.

"Shhh shhh. I'm sorry. You can hit me. Want to hit me?" She tried to silence the girl before their mothers heard. But it was too late.

"What is going on?" Jesy asked pulling both girls off the floor.

"Leigh, what happened baba?" She asked as Perrie just stayed quiet

"I was running and I fell" She showed Jesy her knees and palms.

" you know you're not supposed-"

"I was chasing her mama. I'm sorry" Perrie said and Jesy nodded sending Perrie to go get dressed.

"Leigh-Anne? I have to get you dressed and do your hair" Jade called from upstairs. Leigh went up to go get dressed. Jade headed into the girl's room. Jade sat the girl on the bed putting her tights on and the leotard over. Before going to get the brush.

"What about my tutu mommy?"

"We will put it on when we get there." She brushed the girl's hair up putting it into a neat bun on top of her head.

"Dammit. Do you have to use the bathroom" Leigh shook her head and Jade sent her off downstairs so she could get dressed?

A few minutes later everyone was in the car.

"Leigh do you have your slippers and tutu ?" Jade asked

"Oh no!"

"I have them." Jesy said and they were off. Pulling into the dance studio they were about 20 minutes early. So Jade put the girl's slippers and tutu on.

" are you ready?" Leigh nodded excitedly

"To dance in front of hundreds of people?" Perrie asked and Leigh's face fell.

"Hundreds mama?" Jesy shook her head " it's only a few baby. Just everyone's family and friends. Perrie is just being mean" Perrie was laughing at her little sister's face.

Leigh-Anne didn't feel so confident anymore. But before she could tell her parents she didn't want to do it anymore the ballet teacher pulled her away and the little dancers began stretching. Jade Jesy and Perrie went to take their seats. The children did a little practice run the seats began to fill up. The lights went out except for the spotlights that were on the stage and the little 6 and 7-year-olds took their places behind the black curtain. When the curtains opened Leigh-Anne was front and center in a white costume while everyone else wore a light pink. However, her eyes widened when she saw all the people in front of her. She scanned the room for her moms and sister.

Jade saw her starting to panic and mouthed to her to calm down. The music started and Leigh was doing great until her little solo part came up. All of the other dancers made a large circle around her but Leigh-Anne froze up. She felt everyone's eyes on her. She forgot the whole dance and ran off the stage. She could be heard crying in the wings. Jade got up to go comfort the girl walking through the back entrance she found her way to the wings.

"Mommy, I-I k-know it. I did it every day at home. You saw me and then I messed it all up and now they will never pick me again. She's going to yell at me." The girl cried to her mother. Jade just rubbed her back letting her cry it out.

"It's okay. Leigh-Anne sometimes even professionals forget. You will get another opportunity. I don't think you forgot the dance I just think you froze up a bit. You're not used to performing In front of people. Don't worry about it alright. You still did good" The teacher's assistant rubbed her back gently as well.

The dancers finished and the audience clapped except for perrie. Who was she even clapping for. She didn't know these kids. Jesy and Perrie stood up heading backstage as many of the other parents had older children in the program.

They made their way to the back where the other dancers were talking about the performance and Leigh-Anne was being scolded.

"...You never run off the stage like that. It's unprofessional. I gave you the lead role and you wasted it. The story wasn't told Leigh-Anne."

Jesy didn't like this. " She's a child. She was afraid there is no need to tell her off like that" Jesy really wanted to see the girl perform as well but this was not the appropriate approach for a six years old. She probably felt bad as it was.

"I'm the teacher. You're the mom. It's your job to coddle and baby her and it's my job to mold her and tell her where she went wrong." Jade did agree with the teacher. Maybe Leigh-Anne did need to hear that.

Perrie was hugging her little sister telling her that it was okay. The other girls were laughing at her.

" guys stop it, she did a good job" one girl said

"Did a good job doing what? Running off the stage? This is ballet not track. Probably where she belongs" another girl mumbled.

"Hey, shut your ugly face. She did better than you did in the few moments she was on the stage." Perrie snapped at the girl.

Jesy had enough " Leigh let's go. You're done"

Leigh-Anne was hesitant. She liked to dance she wanted to stay but she didn't want to disobey her mother. She just stood looking between her mother and teacher. "Now Leigh-Anne"

"I'm sorry I ruined the show" She mumbled sadly before running to catch up with Jesy and Perrie. Jade just followed out Leigh had her head on Jesy's shoulder as Perrie laughed about something.

" Leigh was like aight imma head out. Did you record it?" perrie asked as she reenacted Leigh-Anne running off the stage. Once Leigh saw Jade she reached out to her. Jade took her walking to the car.

"Leigh did you forget the dance or were you afraid of all the people?" Jesy asked.

"I don't know. I know the dance but when perrie said hundreds of people I got scared there was so many people. I couldn't move everyone was looking at me. So I just ran off the stage. Everyone was laughing at me" Leigh said looking down in her lap.

When she ran off the stage the other parents just awed. They decided not to talk about it anymore. But jade had text the group chat asking for the track. And when they got home it was showtime.

"Everyone sit on the couch. Leigh is going to perform for us." Perrie sat in between the two women. As jade connected her phone to the speakers playing the audio. Standing up to move the small table out of the way. Before sitting back down.

"Go ahead baby" She said pressing play on the audio. Leigh-Anne ran through her whole routine flawlessly and a she finished standing still. Looking up when she heard no noise.

"Was it bad mommy? " She asked Jade knowing she would tell the truth.

The three of them clapped and cheered her on telling her she did great because she did. Jesy went into the kitchen to get the girl's cupcake that she had brought earlier.

Jesy gave it to her. "Take off your costume first Leigh" Jade told her not wanting the chocolate to stain the all-white outfit. the girl stripped down to her underwear as she sat on the couch eating the cupcake.

"I want one" Perrie whined

"We only brought one for Leigh you said you wanted a milkshake remember." Perrie nodded.

" Can I have a bite please little baby?" Leigh-Anne peeled the wrapper back and held it up to Perrie. Jesy capturing more photos.

"And Perrie stop telling people to shut their ugly faces."

"You heard that?" Both women nodded.