Metal Deathtraps.

"I think I'm going to call out tomorrow. I don't know what I've eaten but it feels like my stomach is about to fall out of my ass." Leigh-Anne groaned as she climbed into the bed beside her wife.

"Sounds like you have food poisoning but I'm almost positive that Jade has a cold. Probably all those preschool germs."

The women spoke for a little longer before Leigh-Anne fell asleep. Jesy was still awake trying to find out what type of bug Jade has. The end of the week was nearing, she would take her to the doctor on Saturday. Jesy turned her phone off, setting it on her bedside table before closing her eyes.

Her peaceful shut-eye lasted for 3 or so hours when she felt Leigh-Anne getting out of the bed.

"Where are you going ?" she asked, with her eyes closed.

"I gotta go get the baby, shes crying " She slurred.

"I'll get her babe, get some rest" Leigh-Anne thanked her falling back in the bed. She didn't bother to get under the blankets or anything.

Jesy made her way to Jade's room which was right next to their's. The young girl was sitting on the floor in the door way of her bedroom.

She was crying quietly, hiccupping between sobs .When she saw Jesy she raised her arms for her mother. Jesy picked her up, taking her back into their room. She sat with the girl in her lap cradling her. Jade whined pushing Jesy away. She sat in between her mothers. She was hot and began tugging at the bottom of her shirt. Jesy had left to get her some water. She handed the girl the straw cup, and Jade set it down.

"Off please" she asked Jesy pulling on her pajama shirt. Jesy pulled the shirt over the girl's head watching as she sat in the bed taking small sips. She put on some cartoons for her knowing she wouldn't go back to sleep right away. Jesy looked over to Leigh-Anne somewhat shocked to see that she hasn't gotten back up. She must've been really tired. Jesy began to doze off when she heard Jade gag. Before she could sit up she had already spewed sick everywhere. It was everywhere, all over the Jade, the bed, it even splashed Leigh-Anne. Who had gotten up and ran to the bathroom, kneeling by the toilet emptying the contents of her stomach as well. She didn't do too well with bodily fluids, especially those that were not her own. Jesy was thankful that the girl was facing Leigh-Anne and not her.

"I'm sorry" Jade cried.

"Baby it's alright, don't cry you're going to make it worse" Jesy tried to calm her little one down. She turned on the light, knocking on the bathroom door.

"Babe? You alright in there" she heard a faint 'uh-huh' before Leigh-Anne began throwing up again. Jesy waited until she didn't hear anymore retching, she knocked once again before opening the door. Jesy needed some help. She started tending to Jade first. She didn't know if Leigh-Anne was sick because of whatever was going on with her or because Jade had puked on her. She was worried about them both.

She began to remove Jade's soiled bottoms when she noticed the girl's skin was warm. She checked her temperature, it read 101(38.3). She began to panic. That meant something was wrong. Right? She began to fill the tub with cool water. She brought Jade to the tub trying to set her down.

"Nooo! Cold. Too cold mama." Jade clung to Jesy after she dipped her foot in the water.

Leigh-Anne walked over, putting her hand in the water before pulling the plug. Jesy watched with a confusee look.

"She has a fever Leigh"

"Lukewarm bath, not cold babe. It will raise her temperature" she filled the bath with warm water placing Jade in the tub. She cupped water into her hands pouring it over her chest and back.