A Christmas Chapter 🎄 [2]

"This one too mommy." Leigh-Anne was just throwing stuff in the cart at this point.

"Okay, what else? We have to hurry and wrap her gifts before she comes over."

"Her DS. Her favorite color is blue and she really really likes Kirby so can we get her a Kirby game? Can you put her name too?"

"If I put her name on it, it will take some time to come in the mail, bubba. Let's just get her a blue one for now"

"Okay"

Jesy didn't know what to get Jade. She picked up a winter coat and a few accessories to keep her warm before checking out.

"Hurry mommy!!"

"I'm coming babe. Calm down" Leigh-Anne couldn't wait to get home and wrap the gifts for her best friend.

-

Hours and hours passed and Perrie still hasn't come over.

"You have to call her mommy, she might be sleeping" Leigh-Anne held out Jesy's phone to her.

"We should give her some time bubba. She might be busy"

"She's not. She said her mom doesn't even have a tree." Leigh-Anne plopped on the sofa beside Jesy. She wanted Perrie to come over so they could finish playing outside.

Perrie wanted to do the same.

"Please mama, please" Perrie followed Jade around their single bedroom apartment. She shook her head, making Perrie ask her again.

"No Perrie. I said no. Please don't make me say it again. "

"But mama I'm bored. You won't even let me watch TV"

"Because I told you we can watch a movie later. You shouldn't be sitting in front of the tv all day anyway. "

"I'm bored right now mama. Ms.Jesy let's Leigh-Anne play all day long. She lets her go outside and watch TV and eat snacks before dinner. You don't do that"

"And I'm not going to. I'm not Ms.Jesy and you're not Leigh-Anne. Now please stop following me around. The answer is no. You're not going." Jade didn't want Perrie going where she wasn't welcomed. So she called off of work to spend Christmas with her. Although she would have to work tomorrow on her birthday.

"Sorry" Perrie got in the bed and pulled the blankets over her. She was going to force herself to sleep.

She began dozing off but sat up when she heard her mom on the phone.

"Yes, I will. I'll be there right away. Thank you" Jade began rushing to finish cleaning up the general area before coming into the room.

"Come, get dressed" She pulled Perrie out for the bed.

"Where are we going?"

"You wanted to go to Ms.Jesy's house right?"

"Yes but I don't want to anymore."

"Do you want to go to grandma's instead?"

"No, I just want to stay with you for Christmas, mama"

"I do too, but something has come up." Jade was called in. She was also going to be given a big bonus if she finished her shift today. She knew if she started saving up now she could do something special for Perrie's birthday.

"Please can you stay home with me?"

"I'm sorry baby. Mama has to work, I was called in."

"Pleaseee"

"I'm sorry" Jade shook her head.

Jade felt bad when Perrie teared up but there was nothing she could do about it. She couldn't risk getting fired right now and she could really use the bonus.