Part 122

⚠️ mature themes⚠️

"What do you want to ask God for, son?" The pastor asked the twelve year old boy who was standing at the podium.

Jesse opened his mouth to speak but closed it. He glanced at his mother and her husband before looking down.

"I want that man to stop beating my mother." He said quietly yet everyone heard him and turned to the couple.

"No, no. He doesn't beat me. You know how kids are. Funny one he is. Come here son." Perrie smiled, her husband had a tight grip on the back of her neck.

"Dont lie on your father like that boy" the elder man scolded the boy.

"He's not my father! And I'm not lying" Jesse shrugged the man's hand off of his shoulder and walked over to his mother.  He could see him whisper something to her.

They both stood up. Once he got close Perrie grabbed his wrist and they left the service early.

"Discipline your son" the man demanded his wife.

"Why would you say that, baby? I told you I'm fine"

"You're not fine. I'm not stupid and I'm not a kid anymore mama. He hits you, every night."

"You're going to let him talk to you like that?" The man asked.

"I'm not going to hit him."

"Do it"

Perrie stared her son in his eyes.

"Do it. Or when we get home I'm. . ." He whispered something in her ear making her freeze up in fear. Jesse braced himself. Perrie began to tear up seeing him flinch when she raised her hand.

"I'm sorry. I would never put my hands on you. Please don't be afraid of me baby" She hugged her son trying to kiss his cheek. But the man backhanded her, pushing her towards the car.

He slapped the twelve year old. He fell holding his mouth. The man bust his lip so effortlessly. He could only imagine what he was going to do when they got home.

"Stay out of my business, boy. The next time you leave that house running your mouth I'm going to knock all your teeth out, do you understand?" Jesse nodded fearfully.

"Go get your ass in the car." He got up running past the man to the car.

"And don't even think about turning my AC on." Jesse sat in the back with his mother, crying in her lap.

Perrie sat him up when she saw the blood on her light blue dress.

"He hit you?" Perrie opened the door. She wasn't going to allow this. She couldn't defend herself but she wouldn't let him beat her son. 

"No please. I'm okay."

"No. This is not okay"

"Mommy please don't. Please" He begged, pulling on her arm. He's seen first hand what that man could do to her. It wasn't worth it.

Perrie closed her door and hugged her boy.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, Jesse. I never wanted you to see this. Or experience it."

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you like a man, like dad told me to." This statement alone hurt Perrie more than anything her husband could do to her.

"You don't protect me. You're my child. I'm supposed to protect you."

They sat in over one hundred degree weather for hours waiting for him to finish his service.

"Take this off" perrie helped her son out of his shirt. He was sweating really bad. His hair was dripping sweat and his lips were chapped from breathing through his mouth.