"You are not my mother. . .Stop trying"

"Words cut deeper than knives.A knife can be pulled out, words are embedded into our souls"
-William Chapman

It was about 7 when Leigh-Anne heard a key in the door watching as Jaden and Jesse came into the house. They walked straight up to her hugging her and giving her a kiss.

"How was school boys?"

"It actually wasn't too bad. There was a fight so that was pretty fun and our teacher practically had a mental breakdown." Jesse laughed remember the teacher.

"ShuT tHe hEll uP" Jaden mocked making them both laugh.

"Your teacher had a mental breakdown and yall found that funny?"

Both nodded.

"We're gonna go upstairs now mama"

"Alright. Jesse, are you staying for Dinner?"

"Um I gotta ask my dad first" Leigh nodded and the boys went up to Jadens room.

"Lets play the game."  Jaden suggested and they played call of duty for a while.

"Troy is having a party later you going?" Jesse asked after getting a notification.

"Why do you act like you don't know who my parents are?"

"Your parents are mad cool. They let you do a lot bro. Also i heard you know who is going to be there."

"They won't let me."

"I mean you are 17 though. You have to sneak out at least once in your life. "

"Hell nah. They would kill me. I'm going to ask."

Jaden thought about who he should ask. Deciding on Leigh-Anne. She's a bit more laid back and understanding and she likes to party. She took Jaden out to an all white part when he was about 9 and let him have a few sips of a wine cooler. Of course she and Perrie got into it after that but it was still one of his favorite memories with Leigh.

"Hey mommy"

"What do you want" She asked with a smile. She knew he wanted something.

"Why do I have to want something"

"You called me mommy" which was something he did when he wanted something from her

"Okay fine. I was wondering if I could go out" Leigh-Anne was already shaking her head.

"You didnt even let me finish"  She gestured for him to go on.

"Troy is having a get together and Jesse is going. So I was wondering if I can go?"

"Sorry babe. It's a school night"

"Mama, I'm 17 years old now, I want to live my life."

"Live your life on the weekend and after you ask in advance not the day of and if that's too much to ask you can wait until you're out of this house. Then you can do whatever you want."

"You're being so unfair. My grades are good, my room is clean what's the problem?"

"There is no problem. I said no and that's final."

"I'm going"

"You do it and watch what happens"

Jaden took it as a challenge. He went upstairs to his room.

"Lets go" Jaden began climbing out his window. Being that his window faced the back of the house his parents didn't notice the makeshift ladder hanging out his window.