Summer Camp

"Remember what I said Jade"

"I know, mommy. I love you, bye. Bye,daddy" Jade rushed out of the car dragging her heavy cases behind her. She didn't expect her parents to follow her.

They signed her in leaving their contact information with the Camp counselor.

"If your allergies start to bother you, I put the tablets in there, you also have a nasal spray and eye drops. Ask a counselor for help,baby. We don't need a repeat of last time." Andre Smiled thinking about the time Jade sprayed a nasal solution in her eyes.

"Momm!!" She groaned looking around to make sure no one heard.

"I don't need help mom. I'm nine years old, it was one time. jesus. Bye"

"Aww Jade, you can do better than that, you won't see us for a few weeks"

"Bye mom, bye dad. Please go back to the car now before someone sees."

"Sees what? Us? I heard we could stay for orientation, that's why we're still here." Leigh-Anne wasn't trying to embarrass her daughter, she was really uneasy about letting Jade out of her sight for such extended periods of time.

"Look at that loser with her mommy and daddy" a blonde girl teased walking off with her friend.

"See! I'll be fine. Please go away now. Please."

"We will stay away from you so that no one knows we're your parents. Will that make you feel better?"

Jade shrugged, she wanted to fall off the face of the earth. This is why she had no friends at school.

"We love you Jade"

"I love you guys too. She gave them both a quick hug and kiss before walking into the camp. She wandered through the bunks looking for a free one. It was only four beds in a cabin and they were all full. Except one.

Close by the Forrest that surrounds the camp was a cabin. She walked in putting her things down. She took off her shoes, keeping on her socks and changing into her slippers that Leigh-Anne packed for her. She was given a long list of rules for summer camp.

Once her watch beeped she got an eight ounce cup, filling it with water that had electrolytes and other necessities for her.

As she was drinking she saw something scurry across the floor. She panicked, dropping her cup and jumping onto the bed.

"Get off me dickface!" The blonde grumbled pushing Jade off the bed.

"Could've just said excuse me."

"CoUldVe JuSt SaId ExCuSe Me. Shut up!" She mocked Jade in a childish manner.

"Have I done something to you?"

"Yes, you cant sleep in this bunk. It's our bunk"

"There is no other bunks available. Its just me and you."

"And me!" Jade looked up to see a girl hanging upside down from the beams on the ceiling.

"I don't think it's safe for you to do th- Please dont!!" Jade close her eyes as she swung from the beam with one hand. When Jade opened her eyes she saw the girl in her bed. She used the beams like monkey bars.

A little rodent ran up the bed and climbed up her arm and sat on her shoulder. Jade felt sick to her stomach. Her mother wouldn't like for her to play with rodents.

"They carry diseases." She pointed at the rat.

"Oh ratatouille? No. He's just a baby, he's nice. Want to hold him?"