Shallow [Alternative?]

-I wrote this soooo long ago and couldn't find it so I rewrote Shallow part 2 as what it is now. But I thought I'd share this one too although I do like that one more than this one, I feel like it's written better.-

Jade was wishing her mothers were here. They wouldn't have let any of this happen.

"Jaden, try this color" She removed the blazer replacing the light blue one with a teal one.

"What do you think nephew?" 

Jade shrugged. Matthew was her favorite uncle. The only problem was he refused to acknowledge her as a young woman. Jade didn't want to lose anymore of her extended family so she tried to suck it up but it honestly bothered her a lot.

She didn't want to change in front of her cousins or wear a tuxedo.

"Alright take them off and try these." The boys around her began to strip off their clothes but Jade couldn't bring herself to.

"Excuse me, where is the changing room?"

"We only have one for Women."

"I am"

"Am what?"

". . . A woman" Jade said quietly.

"I'm so sorry. Follow me, Please forgive me" He led Jade to the back of the store. It wasn't the woman's changing room. Just a single stall.

Jade pulled out her phone dialing her girlfriend. 

"Hey, how's it going my love?"

"Jade? What's wrong?" Perrie grew concerned hearing her sniffle over the phone.

"Did someone say something to you babe?"

"Jade. . .  Please answer me. I'm getting worried."

"Can you come get me please"

"Yes, I'm coming. Do you want me to stay on the phone"

"Mhm"

"Don't cry baby. I'm coming." Jade felt so pathetic calling Perrie for something so stupid but she didn't know what else to do. She couldn't stay here any longer.

A few minutes later she heard a soft knock on the door.

"Who"

"It's me silly" Jade unlocked the door but didn't open it. Perrie pushed the door open,  hugging her girlfriend. She looked around before asking.

"Is it the suit or did someone say or do something?"

"Both. I don't want to wear this" Jade said quietly.

"Then don't wear it."

"I have to. It's his wedding. I have to do what he says."

"No you dont. You need to learn to put yourself first. This is not something to take lightly Jade. If you don't want to wear it then don't wear it."

"It's not that easy Perrie. I don't want to upset him or make him and mama fight over me. It's happened before and I don't want that. I made my whole family turn on me and my mom. I can't lose everyone."

"That doesn't mean making yourself uncomfortable like this. You can sit him down and have a talk with him. If he's not okay with you wearing a dress or whatever you want to wear maybe he's not worth having around."

"I can't." Jade began to cry. She knew what would come with trying to stand her ground. She really didn't want Jesy to fight with her brother.

"Baby look at me, You're eighteen years old now. You have a voice and you know how to use it. Stand up for yourself. Stand up for the little you who couldn't stand up for herself. The mental and emotional damage that comes with pleasing him for one day is not worth it."