Dads [3]

"Babe I got it. I can do it. Have a little faith Leigh-Anne." Jesse told his wife as he ordered his daughter's pageant dress.

"Okay. You're in charge. I'm not doing anything. You got it. I'm just going to be there for moral support"

"That's fine. Jade? You think I can do it bubba?"

"Ummm. I hope so" The six year old shrugged.

"I don't want to lose daddy so if you need help can mama help?"

"Nope. Daddy doesn't need help. He can do it" Leigh-Anne bounced a sleeping Perrie in her arms.

"Can we practice mama?"

"Sure. Let's go, daddy. time to practice" She called for Jesse who followed them into the living room.

Leigh-Anne and Jesse watched Jade walk around their spacious living room.

"Good mama?" Jade asked, holding her finishing pose.

"What do you think babe?" Jesse wasn't sure what it was supposed to look like. He went to all of Jade's pageants but he wasn't too involved.

"It looks good"

"No, you're moving way too fast, bubba. Take your time when you stop and pose, when you split, make sure you're facing front, towards the judges. Try again"

-

"Owww!!" Jade cried when her dad accidentally bumped into her with the curling iron.

"Aw Jade. I'm so sorry bubba, are you okay?" She shook her head.

"Come, let daddy see" Jade shook her head running out of the room to find Leigh-Anne. She had taken Perrie to get lunch and some snacks from catering down the hall.

"Mama!" Leigh-Anne picked up her half glammed daughter.

"What's happened? Come with mama pezza." Perrie held Leigh-Anne's hand walking with her back to Jade's dressing room.

"Daddy burned me" she wrapped her arms around Leigh-Anne's neck as she cried.

"Let mama see" Leigh-Anne sat her on the table so she could see the damage.

"Oh no. That must hurt." Jade nodded, she was no longer crying but had tears in her eyes.

Leigh-Anne put a large band aid over it before holding a cold compress to her arm.

"You just have a whole hospital in your bag?" Jesse asked playing with Perrie.

"The cold compression is for if she takes a nap and her eyes are puffy when she wakes up and I always carry bandaids for them. Get back to work. I've already done too much"

Jesse switched places with Leigh-Anne.

"No. Noo!" Jade moved away from him when he picked up the curling iron.

"I will be careful bubba. I'm really sorry."

"No"

"No. I said no!!" Jade pushed him away before crossing her arms. Now she was upset.

"Jade, lower your voice. There is no need to shout. He made a little mistake" Leigh-Anne spoke, holding a sandwich up for Perrie to bite.

"Leave me alone!"

"Jade. Don't be rude. I said im sorry. We only have two more hours and you need to rehearse."

"I don't want to do it" She got up, heading for the door.

"Jade, I spent a lot of money on your admission"

"I'm not going! I'm never going to win like this!" She stormed off which didn't surprise Leigh-Anne. She had a few meltdowns with Jade but it wasn't often and never this bad.