Part 134

Jesy sighed when she walked in her mother's room. The woman had a bowl of cereal in her lap along with the box and a half gallon of milk on the bedside table. Her little sisters were also shoving their faces with cereal.

“Thats enough, how much have you eaten?” She took the bowls from the six and eight year old, pulling them out of the huge bed.

“What did you two do all day? Ma, they cant sit here and eat all day. You're going to make them sick.”

“Its just cereal sissy”

“Its not just cereal, Wanna go to the park?”

“Yeah!!” The two cheered excitedly.

“Go get dressed” She sent them away stacking all the dishes in her mothers room.

“How much did you make today?”

“I dont know”

“Dont lie to me, where is your money, its the first”

“I didnt get paid yet.”

“Your boss called me. Now give it to me” Jesy reached into her Jacket pocket for the envelope filled with cash. She took out a few twenties before handing the cash to her mother.

The woman took out over half of her money and handed it back.

“You need to buy some groceries. Ill make you a list and i want you to get everything i ask for. Also, when you bring the girls back from the park get me something to eat.” Jesy nodded leaving the room. She quickly counted her check that became grocery money, Despite having government assistance she still had to spend her hard earned money on groceries because of her mother's serious food addiction.

“Sissy, we’re ready”

“Alright come on”

-

“Hey whats going on?” Leigh-Anne, Jesy’s girlfriend asked sitting beside her. Jesy asked if she wanted to meet her at the park.

“Im so stressed, Leigh-Anne”

“Is it work, babe? I told you i could take care of it.”

“No, i dont want you to think im with you because of your money and I. . . No. its okay. Work is fine”

“I know youre not with me because of the money but im offering it to you. I feel like you dont talk to me Jes, I want to be here for you and even if you wont let me help you financially at least let me try to help mentally or emotionally.”

“No its okay, babe. How was your day?”

“Are you afraid that im going to judge you? I promise you i wont. You know my deepest darkest secret so i have no place judging anyone”

Jesy could use someone to talk to. Leigh-Anne did tell her about things that shes never told anyone else about but she was afraid that she would look at her different if she told her about her living conditions. It was rough bottling everything up.

Leigh-Anne moved closed to her girlfriend resting her leg over Jesys knee before taking her hand into her own.

“I dont want you to feel like you cant talk to me. Like you have no one to talk to. Im here for you”

“I dont know what to do”

“About what, my love?”

“Jade!” The six year old turned to look at her older sister.

“Yeah?”

“Wait your turn”

“Mkay”

“My mother”

“Is she okay?”

“I dont know. Shes been different since he died” Leigh-Anne didnt say anything, she just listened.

“What i tell you, you have to promise that you wont tell anyone, anyone”

“I promise”

“I feel like shes neglecting my little sisters but i cant call cps or they’ll be put in foster care. I wish i was a little older and had a better job. Id take care of them myself.”

“Can i ask how?” Leigh-Anne wasnt trying to pry but she saw Jade and Perrie quite often, they didnt seem in any danger.

“Firstly, they should be in school. She makes them lay in the bed with her all day. She leaves them to make their own food and they eat absolute filth all day everyday, theyre gaining a lot of weight really fast and im worried”

“Theyre kids babe, a little kiddy fat never hurt anyone.”

“I dont think you get it. Im afraid that shes steering them in an unhealthy direction. I dont want to be out after working all day but i know this is the only way i can keep them active. Its really bad and im worried. I dont want them to end up like her. My mother cant do anything for herself, do you know how fast i had to grow up? I was fourteen washing her up, and going to fast food joints in the middle of the night. Im not even in school. I havent been since what? Eighth grade. I lied. I havent graduated high school. I cook, clean, look after my mother and my little sisters and i work. Im exhausted Leigh-Anne. Im only nineteen. I would never forgive  myself for potentially ruining their lives but i dont feel like theyre safe at home with her. She doesnt beat them but i feel like theyre still being neglected.”

Leigh-Anne had a shocked look on her face, she had no clue all this stuff was going on.

“Im sorry. You dont deserve this. Is there anyway i can help? I know you wont take the money but, can i maybe help you look after the house and the girls?”

“I cant ask you to do that Leigh”

“Let me help you, there is no shame in asking for help or admitting that you need it. Its clear that this is really bothering you. Its not like I have anything else better to do. Can i come over? Do you think your mom would be okay with it?”

“I dont know” Jesy felt like things were happening too fast. She wasnt ready for Leigh-Anne to see where she lives.

“Please. Ill grab some snacks and we can watch some movies with the girls. I miss you, i havent seen you in weeks”

“Okay.”

“Okay, lets go “

“No, not right now. I’ll text you when you can come over i have to ask first to make sure its okay”

“Aww, okay”