Dads [5]

"Mommy!! Mommy!!" Leigh-Anne felt a body crash into her own. She slid her headphones off her ear and put them around her neck. She picked the little girl up trying to calm her down.

"It's alright. . . What's your name?" The little girl cried hysterically, completely incomprehensible.

"Bubba, It's okay bub, it's okay" Leigh-Anne held the little girl, trying to console her. She has never seen her before.

She saw a woman run up to her and the girl clung to her. Leigh-Anne knew right then and there.

"Back up" Leigh-Anne told the woman, taking a few steps back, herself.

"Come to mama, Jade" Jade cried trying to climb up onto Leigh-Anne's shoulders.

"Alright. She won't get you, little one, don't worry. She's not your mama is she?" Jade shook her head, holding Leigh-Anne tight. She peeked at the woman before hiding her face in Leigh-Anne's neck. She rubbed her back comfortingly.

"Get out of here before I call the police."

"She's my child. I'm her mom. I don't know why she's playing around like this. Jade, you know better"

"JADE!!" Jaden cupped his hands around his mouth as he called for his daughter frantically.

"She's gone! I can't fucking find her!!" He bent over resting his hands on his knees not knowing what to do.

His girlfriend rubbed his back.

"We have to keep looking, babe. We have to. Come on" Perrie coached standing him up.

"I need my kid. I need to find my baby, Perrie. I was watching her the whole time. I just went to buy her the ice cream she wanted. . .I'm sorry" he began to get choked up thinking about all there horrible things that could be happening to his child.

"Dont be sorry. You're human. This is not your fault. Come on" Perrie wiped his eyes before taking his hand as they continued to walk around looking for the child.

"Have you seen-" He asked a man sitting on a bench.

"No"

"You don't even know what she looks like, Asshole!!"

Perrie pulled him away, not wanting to waste any time.

"JADE"

"JADE!!" The two called for the five year old.

"DADDY!!"

"I hear daddy" Jade said to Leigh-Anne who's eyes haven't left the kidnapper. She held Jade when she tried to get down.

"Wait until daddy gets closer bub" She spoke softly quickly glancing around for the man.

"Is that your daddy?" Leigh-Anne pointed to the man who was sprinting towards them. 

"Yes!"

"Jade. Jade. Thank God. Are you okay?" She began to cry again reaching for her dad. He took his daughter from the stranger.

"So, this is your new bitch? I don't understand why you have my daughter calling her mommy" the kidnapper spat bitterly.

"I'm no one's bitch, let's be respectful. She called me mommy because you just tried to kidnap her."

"I'm sorry for this.  Thank you so much. I don't know what I would've done without you. Thank you. Thank you so so so much." He hugged Leigh-Anne, she smiled. She could tell he was genuine and it felt good. She was glad she could help.

"You're welcome. Stay safe. Don't talk to strangers, right bub?"

Jade shook her head.

"You did the right thing. If you don't see anyone scream and kick as loud and hard as you can. Someone will hear you, okay?" Jade nodded asking her dad to put her down.

She hugged Leigh-Anne mumbling a Thank you before running over to Jaden. He picked her back up and began to confront his ex-girlfriend.

"Bye bye" Leigh-Anne waved, putting her headphones over her ears. Jade waved back watching her smile and Jog off.

"Are you fucking kidding me Jesy! Kidnapping. Again. You tried to kidnap my kid. . . Again!?"

"You never let me see her, J. She's so pretty, her hair is gorgeous. So thick and long. She's beautiful"

"Mommy!!" Jade wiggled out of his arms when she saw Perrie

"Aww baby, are you okay?" Perrie took Jade from her boyfriend hugging her.

"So this is her, her play play mommy? I'm your mom Jade. I'm your mother. I gave birth to you. You don't call her mommy. I'M YOUR MOTHER"

Jade whimpered covering her ears.

"M'scared mommy"

"I bet you are. Let's wait for daddy in the car." Perrie began walking to the park entrance with Jade in her arms. She could feel her heart racing.

"Did that woman hurt you? Does anything hurt?" She shook her head.

"I'm sorry"

"Dont be sorry baby. There is nothing to apologize for."

"I didn't kick and scream"

"You ran and got help. That was very brave of you. You're safe now, that's all that matters. My poor baby."

"Look, do you want ice cream?" Perrie pointed out when they passed the truck.

"No thank you." Perrie frowned. Jade never turned down ice cream. Especially not from the truck.

Perrie sat with Jade in the back.

"You cannot do that Jesy. She's six years old. You traumatized her."

"I didn't mean to J. I just wanted to see my baby. I didn't want to take her. She's so polite and smart. You're raising her so well."

"Thank you. Listen. This is the second time. If you try it again I'm pressing charges. You signed over your rights. I have full custody of my daughter."

"Please. I just want to be in her life. I don't want her calling your little flings mommy."

"She's not a little fling and you don't deserve her. She needs a mother and that's what Perrie is providing for her. She does everything for our little girl."

"J, I'm sick."

"Bullshit. Don't try to kidnap her again. I'm not joking"

"I'm serious."

"What are you sick with?"

"Uh. . .Brugada Syndrome. Please. Let me meet my daughter. I don't have much time left. "