NTIF Prequel.

Perrie sat with her legs propped up on stilts. She was in the process of giving birth to her first child. The woman that was helping deliver her baby walked away from her.

"Is everything okay? Is my baby okay?" Perrie was worried. This was all new to her. She really needed some support right now. Her parents disowned her and her boyfriend wasn't allowed in this establishment.

"Ma'am where are you going?" Perrie asked.

"I refuse to help you"

"Why?"

"That baby is colored" She gave Perrie a dirty look, pulling off her gloves and leaving the room. A group of nurses followed her. There were only Two left.

"Please help me" she cried desperately.  She didn't want anything to happen to her daughter. They helped Perrie finish delivering the baby. Perrie watched through teary eyes as one nurse held her baby upside down by her little feet and smacked her bottom softly. 

"Why are you doing that!?"

"I need to make sure her lungs are clear. I'm not hurting her." The other nurse began to suction the amniotic fluid and mucus out of her nose and mouth. Before telling the nurse to try again. She did as told holding the child upside down. Perrie looked away not wanting to see the woman hit her child even if it was a small tap. She began to cry when the infant did.

"She's okay right?"

"Yes. She looks good, let me clean her off so you can hold her." The nurses work quickly cleaning the baby and cutting the umbilical cord. She wrapped the newborn in a baby pink blanket laying her on Perrie's chest.

"You're so. . . so baby" She said to the little brown baby who was looking into her eyes. She put her finger into the baby's tiny hand smiling when she wrapped her fingers around hers.

She held her baby for about ten minutes and she was taken away from her. She watched as they put antibiotics drops into her eyes and a vitamin k shot in her thigh.

"Try breastfeeding, skin to skin contact usually makes the process a little easier." Perrie sat up in the hospital bed removing the hospital gown. The nurse handed Perrie the baby leaving the room to give her some privacy.

The came back about two hours later taking the newborn from her again. She watched as they poked and prodded at the girl, checking her pulse,fingers and toes, abdomen and genitals. Before recording her Ballard score.

Hours passed and Perrie helped give the baby her first bath, learned to hold her,swaddle and take care of her umbilical cord stump. She also changed her first nappy.

She was ready to leave. She didn't feel comfortable leaving her baby with these nurses and doctors. So she didn't sleep yet, and she didn't let them take her out of the room.

"When can I leave?" She asked one nurse who was testing the newborn for something. Perrie didn't even bother to ask what it was for.

"Once she's all done. You can take her right down the road to that colored hospital. I'll give you a paper to give to them and they will print you a birth certificate for her."

She got out of the bed rolling the baby's bassinet to the doorway of the bathroom. She cleaned herself up and changed back into her everyday clothes. She was ready to go.

The baby cried and cried. It was all she did whenever she wasn't in Perrie's arms.

Perrie picked her up walking around the room.

"Dont cry baby, we're leaving soon okay. You will finally get to meet your daddy." She spoke to the girl in a baby voice. She was in love with the little human. She couldn't wait to take her home and shower the girl in love.