Part 155 [3]

"Are you alright, baby?" Leigh-Anne asked, checking her vitals.

"I miss you mama"

"I miss you too, bubba. I think about you every single day."

"I wanna come home" Jade frowned, sitting up in the bed.

"Do you? Your new mommy seems very nice. She cares about you a lot"

"She's nice but I wanna go home." Hearing Jade say this made Leigh-Anne feel like shit. She missed her daughter but she wasn't making an effort to get her back. It's been a little over four months and if two more months pass, she's going to be asked to sign off her parental rights. She's an ER pediatrician, she works over forty hours a week. She's a workaholic and that's why Jade was taken from her. It's messed up, she loves her daughter but she loves her work more.

"Please mama"

"Aw Jade. I wish I could but it's not that easy."

"Why not"

"Mama has to take classes and then go through a whole process to get you back. I'd rather you stay where I know you'll be looked after and taken care of. You have a sister now. You always wanted one"

"A baby sissy, not a big one. Please can I come home. I'll be good"

"You're a good girl, Jade. It's mama's fault this is happening. It's not your fault. You've done nothing wrong" Leigh-Anne didn't have the best childhood, being born into poverty was the main struggle. She studied really hard to go to top schools and eventually pursue a career that would provide and help her maintain financial stability. She didn't ever want to sleep on the streets or in a shelter again. One night things happened and she got pregnant. She refused to let things stop her and that's what landed them where they are now.

"I love you, okay. Try and get some sleep, yeah?" Leigh-Anne kissed Jade's forehead and left the room trying her best to ignore her daughter's cries. She rushed to the break room needing a minute to get herself together.

Jesy stood up turning on the lights.

"What's wrong, bubba? Does something hurt? Should I call the nurse?" She asked and Jade shook her head. She just wanted her mama. Her real mama.

Jesy sat in the chair beside her bed rubbing the back of her hand.

-

"You'll feel a little pinch. Try to stay really still" Leigh-Anne held the numbing agent close to Jade's back, ready to insert it when Perrie gasped making Jade worry. Leigh-Anne sat the needle down not wanting her to see.

"Dont look, it's okay" Leigh-Anne was trying her best to ignore Jesy. She was starting to bother her a little bit.

"Mama"

"Yes, my love" Jesy sat in front of Jade who was laying on the bed in a fetal position.

"Mama?" Jade called again, expecting Leigh-Anne to answer. She hummed quietly letting Jade know that she heard her and was listening.

"Yes" Jesy answered again, assuming Jade was calling her.

"M'scared"

"It's okay. I'm sure the doctor will do everything she can to make sure it doesn't hurt." Leigh-Anne rolled her eyes. This woman was so. . . Ugh. Everything she did pissed Leigh-Anne off all of a sudden.

"Quick pinch" Leigh-Anne injected the anesthesia and Jade began to cry.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" Leigh-Anne tried to get the numbing process over as quickly as she could.

"You're hurting her!"

"I know. I don't mean to hurt her. I just want to make sure she doesn't feel anything."

"She felt the needle that's why she's crying" Perrie sassed, not satisfied with Leigh-Anne's answer.

"Its okay bub. I know the mean doctor hurt you" Perrie patted Jade's head.

"This hurts a little, to make sure the bigger procedure doesn't hurt."

"Don't hurt my bubba anymore. She's only small"

"Come, Pez. Let her do her job"

"Do you feel this Jade" Jade was looking over her shoulder curiously.

"Owww" She cried when Leigh-Anne ran a capped pen up her back.

Leigh-Anne smiled, asking her to face forward.

"What about this?"

"Owww, mama" she cried although Leigh-Anne didn't touch her.

"I'll show you my hands. Tell me if you feel anything." Leigh-Anne stood in front of Jade while a nurse ran a pen up her back.

"Did you feel anything?"

"No"

"Okay. Let's get started."

"Can we watch cartoons so she doesn't have to worry about it?" Perrie asked not wanting Jade to be afraid. Jesy let the girls watch cartoons on her phone as Leigh-Anne lined up the needle before inserting it. Jade whined quietly, not liking the unfamiliar pressure.

"Stay still for me please" Leigh-Anne measured the pressure of the cerebrospinal fluid before collecting fluid and re-measuring the pressure again.

"Well done. You're all done." She cleaned her back off before putting a bandage on over it. Leigh-Anne closed her hospital gown and laid her in the bed properly.

"How do you feel?"

"Sad"

"I'm sorry, baby. Does anything hurt?" Jade nodded.

"What hurts? Show me." Jade pointed to her heart.

"Your heart?" Leigh-Anne asked and Jade nodded.

"I broke your heart didn't i?" When Jade nodded again Leigh-Anne felt even worse. She had to do something about this.

-

Later that day nurses brought Jesy and Perrie cots because Jade would probably be here for a while.

Jesy dressed the cot so Perrie could sleep before kissing Jade good night. Once she saw that her girls were asleep she closed get eyes trying to get some sleep, herself.

A few hours later she woke up to Perrie tapping her.

"Mommy"

"Yes"

"Jade's gone"

"What do you mean Jades gone?"

"She's not here"

"She might be in the bathroom"

"She's not. We have to find her" Jesy got up telling Perrie to wait in the room as she looked for her daughter's doctor.

"Excuse me,Have you seen Dr.Pinnock"

"Um, she went home for the night. A few hours ago actually."

For some strange reason I can't update this book from the app so I'm doing it on the website. I'm not sure if you all can see it. Because I can't. At least not from the app.