Para Professional

"Good morning Jesy!" Leigh-Anne said excitedly.

"Hi Leigh" The grumpy child mumbled.

"Dont call her by her first name, bubba." Perrie reminded, kissing her daughter's cheek.

"Sorry Ms. Pinnock" Leigh-Anne noticed that the girl seemed upset.

"No, no it's okay. I told her she can call me Leigh. Everything okay, Jes?"

Jesy shook her head hugging her Para.

"Tell your mom you will see her later and we will talk about it after"

"Bye mommy" Jesy waved, pulling the curly headed woman into the school.

"I love you bubba, have a good day" Perrie walked over to the girl and hugged her.

"Oh um, Ms.Pinnock can we talk?" Leigh-Anne nodded. Pulling herself away to talk to the girl's mother.

"Yes"

"We went to the doctor and it turns out that Jesy's tummy issue is a bit more serious than we thought. I know she snacks in between classes. If you can just make sure she doesn't snack too much. I'd appreciate it."

"Yes of course. Thank you for letting me know"

"Leigh!" Jesy whined.

"I'm coming babe! Have a good day ma'am"

Jesy pulled Leigh-Anne to her classroom.

"How does your belly feel, bub?"

"Fine" She grumbled.

"Why do you sound so upset? What's wrong?"

"Mommy is making me eat this nasty food and I hate it. She won't let me eat anything but this stupid food and I don't like it!"

"Your mommy said that you're having an issue with your belly. So we aren't going to do snacks today"

Jesy didnt like the sound of that. Leigh-Anne would give the girl small snacks to encourage good behavior. But she had to do as the girls mother asked.

"But what about my dried pineapples?"

"Nope, sorry bub. Did you do your homework?"

Jesy nodded. She didn't look too happy.

"Good job Jesy! I'm very proud of you" she said as she looked over the assignment. Leigh-Anne has only been with Jesy for 2 weeks. She noticed that the girl is smart, very smart but very lazy and needs lot of reassurance and encouragement. This work was quite easy for her but she almost never did her homework.

"Can I have a treat, Leigh? I did my homework"

"You can have a reward but it won't be a snack. Look." Leigh-Anne was a bit worried that the 12 year old would feel that the stickers were too childish but she seemed quite excited.

"Can I have this one?" She asked pointing at a yellow smiley face. Leigh-Anne nodded peeling it off and handing it to her. She marked it in her book. Since Jesy liked the stickers she decided to make it a reward system. For every 10 stickers she would be given a reward. But she had the choice to save them and cash them in for bigger prizes.

It was no secret that the girl was a bit of a trouble maker. But since she's been with Leigh-Anne she's been decent.

For the first few periods of the day everything was going well. Then lunch time came around and things started going south. Jesy and Leigh-Anne sat in the cafeteria where they usually sit. Jesy was playing around with her lunch. She didn't want it.

"We are having a fundraiser for our trip to Washington so you can come buy snacks now. The stand will only be open for the first 20 minutes of the period" One of the boys announced.