Part 72

“Babe?”

“Yeah?”

“Want to spend a night at work?”

“That would be fun, Do you really want to?” Leigh-Anne said wiping her hands on her apron.

“Come look” Perrie pointed at the window. It was snowing so hard. Another one of New Yorks Insane Blizzards.

“These kids left the movie room a damn mess” Leigh-Anne whined. That was the most comfortable room. They opened a lounge a few years ago, where people could watch movies, read, sing karaoke, work out, sleep or just study. They originally opened it for students but then allowed everyone in but everyone had their hours.Students having the most hours and cheaper prices.  They just recently added a hot drink bar which was only upen during the winter season, and small kitchen to make simple appetizers for their loungers. In addition to giving school students spaces to chill and vibe they also only hired students to help them gain work experience. This made them very popular with both students and parents.

“I would help you but they made a huge mess with that hot chocolate. Im telling you babe, its them elementary and middle schoolers. The highschoolers and college kids clean up after themselves”

“Okay,Dont worry about it. Maybe we can hire someone to make drinks.”

“Yeah, make it a seasonal job, christmas is coming up and stuff”

They went to their separate areas. Cleaning up.

“There Miss” Jesy pointed to a store with lights on.

“Go knock and see if they're open”

The six year old struggled through the snow with her head down so that the snowflakes didn't hit her face. It was really sharp and it hurt.

She knocked on the door. She pressed her bare hands to the glass trying to look inside. She was freezing. She knocked again.

“Please” she whispered hoping someone was in there.

“Babe, can you go check the door?” Perrie asked.

“Yeah.” Leigh-Anne came into view and Jesy jumped excitedly.

“Hi, are you open?”

“We are not im sorry. Where's your coat bub? Its freezing”

“I dont have one miss. Thank you” she started walking back towards The woman. Leigh-Anne noticed that the woman was also not wearing a coat and dragging a small child through the snow by her hand. .

“Would you like to stay here until the storm passes?” She asked the woman.She looked up at Leigh-Anne and nodded.

“Come, come” she held the door open for the family of three. Jesy came in first, she was shivering, the woman brought the younger child in before leaving out. .

“Ma’am?”

“I'm coming back”

“Um. . . oh okay” Leigh-Anne closed the door, locking it.

“Okay, can everyone take their shoes off?” Jesy  nodded, taking off her wet shoes.

“Sit bubba” The toddler sat down and Jesy helped her little sister take her shoes off.

“Here you go miss” She handed the woman their worn down shoes.

“Thank you” Leigh-Anne put them under the radiator so that they would dry.

Jesy hugged Leigh-Anne.

“Thank you miss”

“Youre welcome, you're really cold bub.Come follow me.” Leigh-Anne picked up the younger girl. Walking to the hot drink bar.