Part 155 [2]

"There's nothing we can do. We lowered the fever, she's stable. There's been a mass casualty and we need this bed."

"Somethings not right. She's a healthy girl. There's no way she just got a high fever and caught a seizure out of nowhere. I'm not sick, her sister is not sick. Did you even run tests?"

"Ma'am, we need this bed."

Jesy shook her head, picking her sleeping daughter up. She walked out of the hospital walking to her car.

"Mommy?"

"It's mommy, try and go back to sleep. Hold my hand Pez" Jesy held her hand out for Perrie as they approached a street.

Jesy unlocked the doors putting Jade into her carseat first before sitting Perrie in her booster.

"I can do it mommy" She sniffled.

"Mommy will do it" Jesy kissed her forehead and buckled her seatbelt.

"Is she okay,mommy?"

"I'm not sure. I'm going to take her to another hospital. Are you hungry?"

Perrie shook her head with a frown.

"Dont cry, I'm sure she's okay."

"She's just. . . Sad, I think she's hurt."

"She's just sleeping bubba." Jesy stopped at a drive through to buy the kids and herself some food.

"Can I have a happy meal please,mama"

"Yes, do you want chicken nuggets?" Perrie nodded so Jesy got two orders and something for herself.

She searched for the closest children's hospital. It didn't have the best reviews but she didn't have a choice.

"I'll hold this mama" Perrie took the bag and drinks from her mother and walked with her while she carried Jade.

"Hi, my daughter has been running a high fever. She was treated at the hospital last night but she feels warm again. I feel like there's something wrong, do you think you'll be able to test her for an underlying cause?"

"Yes, come. I'll put her in a room and get a doctor. It's not too crowded so she should be right with you."

"Thank you"

They family of three were led to a private room. The nurse had a clipboard in hand.

"I need you to fill this out for me. I'll be back to collect it and I'll also need her insurance card and your ID."

"I don't have my ID, I came in a rush. I might have a picture, is that okay?" The man nodded, asking her to see it.

"Thank you"

"The bill will be mailed to you" He walked out and Jesy shook her head. Everything was about money.

Perrie got on the bed sitting with her sister.

"Does it hurt bubba?" Perrie asked when Jade winced, covering her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Jesy asked, walking over. Jade didn't say anything , she continued filling out the paperwork.

Seven minutes layer someone knocked on the door before entering.

"Hi" A doctor with dinosaur themed scrubs walked in.

"I'm Dr. Pinnock. What's going on today? Who's my patient?"

"My sister."

"Jade?"

"Yes, her name is Jade." Jesy said, still filling out the forms. She looked up when she didn't hear anything.

"Ma'am?"