New Mommy?

It was absolute chaos on the streets of London. People frantically crying and screaming as gunshots rang out. A large group of people with their faces covered, dressed in tactical wear with assault rifles, tear gas and other deadly weapons.

It was clear that this was a well planned act of violence. A hate crime to be exact, only no one knew who was being targeted. The group of people wore symbols that allowed people to identify them as white supremacists. But this left the public confused. Not a single black person was harmed. Most of the victims laid out on the street were mixed race with a few white folks here and there.

Perrie was sitting in an alleyway along with hundreds of other people. She looked from her left to right trying to find out what the people around her had in common but it was people of all ages, sizes and backgrounds. Her head was pounding from all the loud noise around her. A few gunshots sounded close to her.She was  positive that her eardrum was damaged. There was a constant ringing in her ears.

"Mama! Papa!" Perrie's eyes scanned the area trying to find the sobbing child, when she did she knew she had to do something. It was a young little girl covered in blood. Her now deceased parents were still huddled over her. Their final actions were shielding their daughter with their bodies. She was crying as the bodies collapsed onto her. People watched with hurt in their eyes but no one made an attempt to move.

Perrie crawled over to the girl slowly, She couldn't sit and do nothing but she also wanted to be careful because she didn't want to get herself killed.

"Hold it!" Perrie froze.

"Are you in a relationship?"

"No"

"You have kids?"

"Yes'' Perrie didn't have any children. She figured that they would be more sympathetic if she said that she has kids.

"Their father white?" What did it matter?

"Yes?"

"Alright, you're free to go. Get out of here" Perrie was beyond confused but nodded. She didn't move until he was out of view. Perrie walked over to the little girl.Pushing the people off of her.She lifted the little girl who began to kick and scream. Perrie didn't want to draw attention to herself so she put the girl down and kneeled so that she was on the child's level.

"Listen to me" Perrie held the girl by her shoulders.

"Its not safe, I want to get you out of here, okay?"

" Mama, Papa" the girl sobbed pointing at the two people who had bullet holes in their chests.

Perrie shushed the girl as people began to look at them. Perrie lifted the girl again, this time she didn't fight the woman,she laid her head on her shoulder, crying. Another person approached her.

"This your kid?" Perrie nodded holding the back of her head so that she wouldn't lift her head up.

"Shut her up and get out of here" Perrie apologized and started walking to her car. She was almost there when a man and woman approached her, they had watched her get the young girl out.

"Please! Please! Take her as well!"

"Please she's just a child. They don't want people like us and her. Please. Please. They will kill us soon!" The woman shoved the child into Perrie's arms. It was a little brown baby with little brown eyes and curly hair. Perrie set Jade down holding her hand so that she could properly hold the younger child.