Chapter 3

"So, I hope you remember our mission?" Asked Animusphere while continuing to move forward. She did not lag behind Momonga.

"Chaldea, the peak of human genius, a combination of magic and technology, created a perfect simulation of the Earth as a single model observed its past and future, predicting changes in the timeline and reality due to the analysis by the telescope S.H.E.B.A. observing the future and the system of Laplace and reviewing the past." Momonga began to answer the memorized text.

"It suddenly noticed a temporal anomaly forming in the past of 2004 Fuyuki, Japan. The anomaly was named 'Singularity F' and was observed for study. At the same time an anomaly was observed in July of 2016. The simulation no longer detects humanity's presence which predicts its disappearance before the said date. The chance of a connection between these two events is quite high so a group of forty-eight magicians,all potential masters, each of whom had to use their power and the Fate system to make contracts with Servants to further investigate the disappearance of mankind."

"For someone with that stupid looking face you are surprisingly good at memorizing information." The girl managed to insult Momonga with praise.

"Thank you." He decided to accept this as a compliment. "A new group of skeletons is approaching."

"How are you..." Animusphere wanted to ask something but the appearance of a new group of enemies did not allow her to finish. "Kya!"

With a squeak-like sound the girl hid behind Momonga.

"Chief, are you... Are you scared?" Momonga Unexpectedly discovered a strange quirk about the girl.

"N-no, no! Of course not, how could such a thing have occurred to you!?" The girl instantly objected to him, however, not hurrying to leave the shelter behind the mans back.

"If you say so, chief" The man didn't push the topic this time.

"Listen..." However, she immediately tried to change the subject. "You... You know about Servants?"

"Yes." The man didn't continue this topic. He tried to remember what exactly was put into his head during the transfer. "There are Heroic Spirits, the highest level of familiars and spirits, creations that emerged from the combined idea humanity had about the most powerful and famous heroes and villains.

Creatures so powerful that to summon them in the form of true living beings is usually impossible. Therefore, instead of summoning the full-fledged being, the summoning is instead carried out only to certain 'aspects' of the hero, the so-called 'Servants'. Using a certain ritual, magicians summon only a certain facet of the personality and abilities of the 'heroic spirits', usually into seven standard classes - Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Assassin, Caster and Berserker. Every 'Servant' who comes into reality bears the imprint of not only an actually existing person under its name but also what people or humanity remember about them. Mythological imprints and 'noble phantasm' - crystallized miracle that embodies the very essence of their personality and their legends."

"That's right" the chief murmured in shock, after which she shook her head in disbelief. "Indeed, that's right!"

"Is it a reason to be so surprised?!", Momonga himself was feeling indignant inside.

"Surprisingly, you are really knows!" Having rejoiced, Animusphere clapped her hands joyfully."At last, people who are knowledgeable start to appear!"

Stoically, Momon ignored the words of the chief and looked at Mashu, who continued to shred the skeletons nearby.

"By the way." After waiting a few seconds and finding that Momon had not planned to continue the conversation with her, the chief drew attention to an important detail of the man's appearance. "What is wrong with your hand?"