Chapter 38

Ainz stood in front of a huge machine, which facilitate the summoning of Servants, and began to think.

He needed to evaluate the capabilities of all the other Servants. He needed to figure out his own power. He needed to go to the next Singularity. He was supposed to save humanity.

From the point of view of logic - more Servants were not necessary for him. The six Servants with whom he had gone to the Singularity with ,from the very beginning, completed their task. Of course, it would be foolish to believe that in the future all the Singularities will be as easy as the first, but at the same time, if his guesses were confirmed, then the need for additional Servants would disappear by itself.

And yet, he now faced the pseudo-"Throne of Heroes", it's material embodiment in the form of a machine, and laid out the data crystals collected in the Singularity from the killed mobs. Unfortunately, he never collected the data crystals that dropped from the killed Servants, he was too busy with his thoughts - for which he now reproached himself a little. The singularity collapsed, burying with itself all the remaining resources that he could still get, and now he could not collect it. Of course, at that time he was busy thinking about the death of the Servants - however, when he learned that those who died in the Singularity could be summoned again, he felt twice cheated. Not only was his self-recrimination useless - he still had not collected the data crystals, an extremely valuable resource at all times, because of these unnecessary thoughts.

Ainz first considered the Servants to be his collection, then to be an incredible threat, then ordinary people devoured by their desires and decisions, and eventually returned to where he started once again. Gathered as a collection.

On the other hand, it wasn't so bad. Perhaps he would really find a really strong and dangerous Servant this way? In any case, this way of thinking will help him dispel doubts as to whether or not he will find a Servant stronger than himself, or whether those called upon will further convince him in the thought that he somewhat... Underestimated his power.

"Is everything ready?" Romani's voice distracted Ainz, after which the magician nodded. In addition to Ainz himself, the summoning was attended by several more people - Romani, as the chief operator of the machinery, a chief who was interested in issues so intimately related to Chaldea, Serenity, who, having being re-summoned again, did not leave Ainz's side for a second, and Mashu, who came here, apparently, because she had nothing to do. The rest of the Servants preferred to do their own things- Archer was now working in the kitchen, having driven out several workers who had previously worked there, Medusa chose to relax with a book in her hands, Arthuria and Cu Chulainn went sparring - apparently, Caster was still affected by the fact that he never killed a single enemy, and Arthuria agreed to help him vent out his annoyance. Hassan... What Hassan was doing now - Ainz had no idea.

As well as what Da Vinci was doing now. She even found out about Ainz's arrival only a day later, accidentally colliding with Ainz himself in the corridor. She only briefly greeted him, after which she gave him a strange look, full of thought, and went off somewhere to do her own business, muttering in an undertone about "the paradox of an existence of pure information," Ainz did not particularly delve into this.

And now he was standing in front of a machine, watching how Romani was typing something into the keyboard.

Ainz sighed and closed his eyes.

A second later, a huge machinery came to life. Somewhere in the middle of the machinery, an impulse started, after which, several half rings in the center of the machine slowly began to rotate.

The machine itself was a complex and large device, full of sensors and wires - and although Ainz was a child of an era far superior to this in technological development, he still did not understand the device, the techno-magic computer in front of him and only saw a huge machine stretching from wall to wall of the rather large room, as well as the central podium, where the Servant was summoned, surrounded by a cocoon of half rings, which were currently rotating at a tremendous speed. And the small control panel with the keyboard was a little way away, behind which Romani himself was sitting, who at the moment had driven in some predetermined numbers and continued to observe the summoning process with interest.