Chapter 165

Focalor could certainly tell that her current life was not so bad, it was perhaps even better than her life while in Solomon's service! But it could not be said that it was perfect.

Her Magic, for example, or more importantly, just how weak she is in it right now. As a Demon King, well a former Demon King now, however impossible it may still seem to her, Focalor was accustomed to having a level of power and magical abilities. A level of abilities that were not only as good as Servants have, but in fact superior to many of them. For example, while Focalor might have been inferior in graceful magic manipulations, for example, Medea, Focalor was far ahead in overall strength, in the past that is.

That was only true of the Focalor in the past, who had such power because of her connection with Solomon.

With Ainz, though Focalor dreaded even imagining the level of power that she might gain if she were bound to Ainz, had not granted her a similar bond. Without it, Focalor's current abilities were far inferior to almost all Servants and were, at best, at the level of a modern-day magus... Still a powerful magus, perhaps even on a level of a dedicated Enforcer, for sure, but nothing more than that. If Focalor were to face an outstanding representative of even the much weakened magi of the modern magical era, let alone someone at the level of Barthomeloi, or worse the strongest among them, Lorelei?

Ainz would have had to demonstrate another miracle unavailable to mere mortals, resurrection, after he would have collected what was left of Focalor in a small box.

But while being so weak bothered Focalor, such a thing itself was only a small part of an even bigger problem, something far more important to Focalor. In fact, it was so serious that it was the thing mostly preoccupying her mind these days. Focalor's difficulty was the same one that also occupied the minds of so many other inhabitants of Chaldea.

Boredom.

An ordinary and yet all-consuming, all-powerful boredom. Indeed, what else but boredom could threaten those protected by an evil deity from another world? Only boredom could. And despite the paradoxical nature of such a difficulty, it was no less significant.

And yet, such a mundane thing was part of, no, rather, it was the root cause of Focalor's much larger issue.

There were other, smaller concerns bothering Focalor, from the unfamiliarity of her human body to the fact that she had finished drinking the delicious coffee she had managed to get from Archer this afternoon. But all that was just the barest surface of the real and most important problem that Focalor was facing at this moment.

And that issue being the fact that Olga-Marie had just lost her teacher, Medea.

Not that she cares all that much about a mere human, magus or not.

No, the concern was that Olga-Marie, a magus, who was both the lover and the boss of Ainz, an ancient deity from another world, had become Focalor's charge.

Bereft of her powers and bored out of her mind, she had told her master that she was free and was waiting for his orders, in an effort to build rapport. And so, she was entrusted with a significant and therefore terrifying mission.

To teach Olga-Marie magic.

Thank goodness she didn't have to explain any basic things, she doesn't think she can withstand having to teach such banality. As she was born into a proper Magus family, Olga-Marie had both the basics, skills, and knowledge necessary for a Magus probably before she could even walk. And as Focalor began teaching her, she had grasped everything said and shown to her on the fly, learning quickly. Very quickly, unnaturally quick even.