Chapter 113

The Mage's Association...

When Ainz was dropped in this world by whatever process had done so, he had received some information regarding the Mage's Association. They were largely useless though as the information he received were nothing more than extremely short and vague lines describing the organization, if that. Literally a very short paragraph of dry information stating that the Mage's Association was a large organization of magicians or magis as they call themselves that monitored the use of magecraft, and sometimes, in very rare occasions, magic, in this world and controlled how magis interact among the world of ordinary people. And... that's all. No more information was given.

Neither about the internal structure, nor about the history of the organization, not even the location of their headquarters.

Therefore, Ainz desperately wanted to go to the Mage's Association to find out more about the elusive organization. Who knows, maybe in his world - not YGGDRASIL - there existed his own world's Mage's Association which he simply did not encounter? At the very least it would really be interesting to find out that some politician or scientist of the past was a member of the Mage's Association.

But at the same time - Ainz sighed - this is where the problems started.

Ainz had already figured out that his impact on the Singularity could lead to... unexpected consequences.

And if among the magicians there is someone at least a tenth as 'enthusiastic' in magic and mysteries as Da Vinci, then Ainz could not even imagine how it could turn out in the end if they were to meet. And as the Mage's Association is mainly a research group... Ainz could already imagine being swarmed by hundreds of Da Vinci's types.

"Unfortunately, as far as I know, the Mage's Association... More precisely, the Clock Tower was already destroyed..." Henry sighed, forcing Ainz to look at him.

"I kept in touch with them via... how should I explain it to a layman...? A specialized method of two way communication when it all started", - Henry shook his head towards the strange device on his desk, - "However, it did not last long. A week later, the Clock Tower mages stopped communicating, so I assume that the headquarters was destroyed then. Or at least something happened that would cripple their ability to communicate to the outside"

"However", - in order not to bring another bad news into the conversation, Henry tried to immediately add something positive to his explanation, - "I'm sure that their records or documents, at least some parts of them, were preserved. I am sure that the mages of the Clock Tower had begun to investigate the strange fog immediately, as soon as they found the unnatural part of it anyway. Anyway, given the security of the Tower's vaults, which would be difficult for even a Servant to get into - at least part of their records or some of the result of their investigations should have been preserved."

"Oh..." - Ainz was somewhat disheartened by the news.

On the one hand, this was good news - since now Ainz did not have to be afraid of the chance of meeting more Da Vincis of this world... On the other hand, if Ainz could not meet the magicians of this world, then the attractiveness of visiting such a place also dropped significantly.

"Okay, I understand..." Ainz exhaled. In any case, whether he wanted to get to this place or did not want to - remained a secondary issue that had little effect on the completion of the mission, - "In that case, I would like to propose another plan..."

"So... Um..." - Arthuria saw perfectly Saber's nervousness and how he desperately tried to come up with a topic for conversation. Still, she did not plan to help him in this matter at all.

First of all, because Arthuria was uninterested in talking with Saber. And secondly, because something about the Saber is reminding her of something unpleasant. Something that should be very familiar to her, and yet she couldn't think of anything.