Chapter 14

Ainz, along with Serenity, was the last ones to arrive at the reyshifting hall, they are joining with the full assembly of his already fully prepared Servants at the entrance of the hall. Not all of those Servants saw his new body before this meeting - but, unlike Roman or the Chief, everyone present was connected with Ainz by a quite tangible magical connection, which is why most of those present didn't pay any particular attention to Ainz - and as for Medusa, given that her eyes were completely hidden behind a tight cloth, she probably didn't even notice any change at all. In other words, of all those present only Mashu reacted to the new appearance of Ainz.

"Senpai," the girl blinked, as if trying to ascertain what she is seeing in front of her, "You... Have changed."

To these words, Ainz only sighed and muttered a name in such a tone as if it explained everything, "Da Vinci..."

'She is undoubtedly a genius, but still... She completely misunderstood me' - Ainz shook his head at that, as if trying to dismiss his thoughts - 'It's good that she's the only one who understood my words wrongly...'

At this moment Mashu hiccupped, and then looked at Ainz again more attentively.

"What seems to be the problem, special operative?" - a moment later, a voice from the speakers made distracted Ainz from these thoughts.

"Chief?" - Ainz turned his gaze away from the Servants to stare upon the high window of the observation post, hanging over the hall and at the two figures that's behind the glass.

"Of course! Who else, but me, the mighty Chief of Chaldea, could be here?" - with the chief's tone these words sounded almost complacent and almost arrogant.

"But I would rather prefer someone who could actually help, like Roman..." Mashu quietly murmured to herself when she heard the voice of the chief, but instantly slapped herself on the mouth, "Chief, and the person next to you then..."

"Mashu, it's me," came the faded voice of Roman, clearly still tormented by the previous talk with the chief that was reprimanding him for a past half an hour, did not express anything except endless grief and fatigue, "The Chief wanted me to..."

"It does not matter!" - but before Romani could say more, Olga placed the microphone closer to her, directly opposite to Roman, it seemed that the girl felt just fine, - "All that matters is that I will serve on the HQ on this mission. And Roman will come in handy so that I would not be bored!"

"Chief, I beg you, please, have mercy..." - at this moment Ainz felt extremely sorry for the guy, so he shook his head and interfered.

"Please, chief," - having recalled all the faces of Ainz's acquaintances that didn't please their boss for some reason, Satoru tried to ease the fate of his colleague a little, - "Try not to criticize him too much..."

For a moment there was silence in the control room, before, as if after a couple of seconds of reflection, chief said seriously in reply, "Well, I will try to..."

"So, your mission..." - in the end, nevertheless having come to a definite conclusion, Marie began a briefing. However, before she had time to say anything definite, a loud cough, that attracted the attention of everyone present, was heard.

"Oh, yes, one more thing..." after these words, Olga-Marie sighed so hard that Ainz could practically see how she put her hand to her face, "Come in!"

"Ta-dah!" - and with a loud cry, which, it would seem, could be heard even through the reinforced glass and a few meters of concrete, and not just through the speakers, Ainz could hear Da Vinci's voice, - "And here I am!"

Da Vinci's tone was such that Ainz could swear that he could see for a moment how she stood in the pose of a mahou-shoujo. Judging by the chief, who gave another exasperated sigh, this assumption was not too far from the truth.