Chapter 63

Zhuge Liang did not feel at ease following Romulus.

Oh no, he had no doubt that Ainz's camp was on the strange island. But he doubted that the need to attack this camp existed at all.

More precisely, he was completely sure that there was no need to attack Ainz's camp. In the current situation, he was completely sure that Ainz remained, perhaps, the only ally that Zhuge Liang had in general in the current situation. Besides Alexander, of course...

Looking at Alexander, Zhuge Liang moved near him, he clenched his hand into a fist until his knuckles were white.

For the sake of Alexander... He needed to not to give any signs that he is aware. Do not give out his plans. To show Romulus that still did not know about everything.

Why did Ainz say that the attacking Berserkers didn't belong to Altera's camp? Perhaps he wanted Romulus to tell Zhuge Liang that this was not so? Why was it necessary then to talk about it initially? It made no sense...

Zhuge Liang did not understand why initially, but then Romulus sowed the seeds of doubt in his head. Probably, in the future, these seeds would have sprouted, but the Nero's murder broke any plans Romulus held for Zhuge Liang. And perhaps Romulus' Master's too.

Romulus blamed Ainz, but it was at that moment that Zhuge Liang felt the... incorrectness of his reasoning?

Caesar was saddened by the death of Nero, Leonidas was... Leonidas. Alexander did not understand the intricacies of politics. They would believe Romulus' accusations. However, Zhuge Liang felt someone put too much emphasis on Ainz's accusation. Looking at Romulus, Zhuge Liang could not believe that he could come up with such a plan. No, Romulus was not stupid per se, but such tactics did not fit in with his usual demeanor...

Zhuge Liang felt the attention of Romulus' touch him, and tried to exhale, relieving his tension. Politics was not his greatest strength.

"What are you thinking about?" - the voice of Romulus touched his mind.

"Trying to predict the location of the enemy" - Zhuge Liang answered, trying to sound as convincing as possible - "I'm used to a battle between armies, not a battle between only several fighters."

After the sensation of connection disappeared Zhuge Liang released the tension he held internally, and then focusing on Alexander's gaze.

The boy's gaze was focused, his hand rested on his blade.

Zhuge Liang had to find a way to escape from Romulus' control.

At least for the sake of Alexander.

"They're here ~ woof," Tamamo almost blurred into a cheerful smile, watching the figures appear on the horizon.

Mashu only tightened her grip on her shield, watching the appearance of their opponents. Caesar, Romulus, Zhuge Liang, Alexander and Leonidas.

Five opponents.

Exactly as it was predicted.

Ainz has already disappeared, like Cainabel, having set off to fulfill his part of the plan. Mashu, Jeanne, the Dragon Witch, Tamamo and Elizabeth remained on the island to fight with the attackers while waiting for the return of Cainabel or Ainz.

Medusa and Euryale disappeared somewhere - but Mashu was not worried, realizing that they would return soon. After that, with their return the defenders will be in a numerical advantage. This should, if not outright outweigh the scales in their favor - given Romulus' presence - then at least equalize the scale.

Mashu exhaled, closing her eyes for a second.

"Do not be afraid," Jeanne's voice sounded supportive. Mashu felt a hand on her shoulder, a supporting presence, - "Everything is fine. Cainabel and Ainz will be here soon. I do not think that there's anyone that could hold them for a long time."