Chapter 112

Slowly walking along the smog-filled London with the unexpected ally - a possible ally - Ainz corrected himself instantly - Ainz did not forget to periodically glance around his surroundings.

All kinds of buildings built with a certain flair to it. What was the correct name for this era?

Ainz tried to remember...

Tabula... No, Genjiro used to talk about it?

No, it was Whitebrim! Yes, Whitebrim used to talk about this time period, Victorian England! That seems to be the correct name for the time period? Yes, it seems so.

Ainz was delighted remembering his friend extolling the virtues of maids and how he came up with the designs of the uniforms of the maids in Nazarick. Yet, a frown appeared on his face not long after.

Hmm... Two seconds? At least about that amount of time...

It took him two seconds to remember who exactly he had discussed this topic with... Two whole seconds that he spent trying to remember something about his friends...

This had never happened before, he always remembered his guild and his friends so easily...

What has changed now?

Ainz glanced around at the smog surrounding him. Of course, he was protected from any kind of poisons and any other physical effects of smog by his racial immunity. But, if the fog could somehow have an effect that blurs memories that could bypass his immunity... then it's a very serious matter entirely. But before he could think about it more, Saber's exuberant voice distracted him from further ponderings.

"And here we are at home!" Saber's voice distracted Ainz from his thoughts - forcing him to look at one of the many similar houses that they had stopped at.

Though, perhaps, the place they have arrived at was better described as a mansion. A small one, tiny even when compared with the standard mansions in Ainz's memories, but definitely way larger than any place he ever lived at.

The house is a small three-story mansion that did not stand out, at least against the background of similar buildings that surround it. The mansion was surrounded with a high metal carved fence and an iron gate, just like the surrounding buildings.

A gate which Saber threw open in the most barbaric possible way - with a kick, almost knocking the fence door off its hinges. After another second, some voices can be heard coming out of the mansion, a very loud sigh...

"Mo..." - The voice tried to call out to the Saber, but was instantly interrupted by the Saber's booming voice. - "I AM SABER AND I AM NOT ALONE HERE!"

"Oh?" After another second, the mansion door opened, exposing the likely owner of the house to Ainz's eyes.

"Mo..." - THe newly revealed young man tried to ask a question to the armored Servant, but was immediately rebuffed.

"I SAID TO CALL ME SABER, IDIOT!" - The voice from under the armor sounded extremely loud and annoyed, - "SO YOU BETTER SHUT UP!"

The young man frowned, and then, looking at Ainz and the group of Servants, immediately took a step back inside the mansion, "Okay... Okay, no need to shout Saber, come in."

Ainz threw a suspicious glance at Saber, but did not comment on his strange behaviour, allowing the strange Servant to calmly enter the house. And then, just in case, Ainz raised his hand, forcing his Servants to stop behind him.

"Greater Trap Detection", - Ainz used a spell that covered the whole mansion with a wave of light , and then shook his head. Apparently there were no traps, at least none that cannot be detected without a specialized spell or item. Ainz was not paranoid enough to use such resources, it would be very paranoid to assume that the enemy would be so adroit as to perpetrate such a performance so perfectly as to trap them in this instance. That, and the fact that using a greater trap detecting spell would destroy his body and the minute delay him searching for the appropriate item would create would make the effort worthless as an enemy so prepared would take the chance to attack anyway, Ainz decided that this is good enough.