Chapter 21

Looking at his opponent, Ainz bit his lip.

Dracula was the name of one of the unique NPCs that existed in Yggdrasil, the name of one of the strongest vampires in the whole game.

There were several different vampire bosses in the game, and one of them was the True Ancestor of all vampires, Cainabel, the God of Vampires, and the Elder Blood. He was repeatedly mentioned in the lore of many abilities, objects and quests, but unlike other gods, he never appeared directly, since being one of the most evil gods, he would be an opponent for all players and, being a god, would have a significant influence on the surrounding territory and the NPCs that inhabited them, at least from a lore point of view. So, the creators of the game eventually didn't add him to the game...that is until a Halloween event, when Cainabel supposedly gathered enough strength to manifest in the world and try to destroy it, but he turned out to be an extremely weaker opponent than his flashy title would imply. Of course, he was still able to fight three or, with some luck, four level one hundred players and even defeat them. For one of the gods and a rare event boss who appeared exclusively for two weeks and dropped a unique drop and even some game-mechanical changes like the title "Elder Blood" to any vampire player who killed him, he was unexpectedly weak and very disappointing as an opponent.

However, it was not this that was important in these conditions, but the fact that, as any god in the game, Cainabel possessed a whole group of henchmen who tended to the Blood Gardens, a whole, full-fledged dungeon that any player who decided to take part in the battle with Cainabel had to go through. And, as it should be, not only crowds of useless small fry existed in this dungeon near Cainabel, but also four of his trusted lieutenants - Elizabeth, Vladislav, Alexander and Konstantin. At the same time, each of his trusted lieutenants had a different name, the name of his "vampire" persona - Carmilla, Dracula, Cain and Abel. Each of these lieutenants was an adversary with his own specialization, a set of unique skills, tactics, and battle conditions, and while each of them was comparable in strength to a player of the hundredth level in normal conditions, in the dungeon, each of them received a significant bonus from their god.

Of the four, Dracula was a sort of magic knight, combining the features of a warrior and a mage. Although he was weaker in magic than a full-fledged mage, and weaker in melee than a full-fledged warrior, he was much stronger than any of them alone because of his ability to control the fights by using melee on magic casters and a magic on warrior, which is why he was arguably the most difficult of all four, at least for Ainz. Of course, at that time in Yggdrasil he was able to defeat Dracula, and he suspected that with preparation and certain tactics he could even solo Cainabel, but under the current conditions, there was no Yggdrasil around him - and the battle with an enemy such as Dracula was too strenuous for his current abilities.

However, it was impossible to retreat now. The enemy standing in front of him looked noble, but he clearly did not intend to retreat from the battle, even if Ainz himself would have invited him to try and reach peace, not to mention his more than expressive remark about his vampirism and the question asked by Ainz.

Therefore, Ainz, looking attentively at Vlad, did not begin a dialogue with him, but reacted first.

"Napalm," in accordance to his command, the extravaganza of fire instantly broke out on the spot where Dracula was. Dracula was fast enough to have time to react to the actions of the mage, but not fast enough to have time to escape from the embrace of the fire before it ascended to the sky, therefore, the silhouette that emerged from the fire a second later turned out to be engulfed in flames.