Chapter 180

Normally – as far as summoning a ghost could be normal at all – the summoned Servants had no connection with each other. Even the possibility that the Servants would come from the same origin, or even from the same time period, was quite slim. So, what are the chances that two summoned Servants would come from the same legendary personality, being a reflection of different traits of their personality?

The probability of such a thing happening was not just astronomically small – it was practically non-existent.

The likelihood of calling two Servants, each a version of the same legendary personality, who were in the same class? It was not even worth discussing as a joke.

It was nothing more than a mental experiment, the likes of 'what if the sun disappeared from the sky right now?'. Something that even the most mad of preppers preferred to dismiss as an improbable theory, unworthy of a second thought.

But, as Ainz had already proved many times, the most improbable theories and impossible events pass into the category of 'self-evident'. So, it was probably quite inevitable that at some point in time, two Servants who are simply parts of the same personality and even of the same Class, would appear and would probably clash personalities terribly.

There weren't many possibilities as to how such an event could have passed, to be completely honest, probably the likeliest of those possibilities was for either of the half dozen versions of Artoria. Most probably about food.

But, as was the case with Ainz, assumptions really do not work. No, a clash between Servants of the same identity didn't happen with the many Artoria, no, it happened with Nero.

The both of them.

At the moment of the fateful encounter, Nero – let us say for the sake of simplicity of description that she was wearing red – was just finishing her preparation for her outfit. After all, even if her guests were the same people that she meets almost daily, in fact she could almost say that they were... friends. She, as Emperor of Rome, had no right to appear in public in a garb that was not appropriate to her august status!

But as she was doing so, the sound of the door behind her opening, caused her to turn from looking at the perfect beauty in the mirror. As she turned around to meet her impatient guest, she put on the most placid of smiles. "I see that you can not stand a single extra second without enjoying my distinguished self ~ umu? I can't judge – after all, even I can't tear myself away from the reflection in the mirror either!"

Nero – the one in red – turned a moment later and looked at the face of the man who had entered, expecting to see, most likely, Archer – and the incredible adoration and admiration in his eyes... Well, most probably his usual snide smile – which was close enough to adoration in her mind.

After all, if she gave smiles to her loyal friends and subordinates even when they looked like they just ate a sour lemon – no one could say she wasn't a magnificent emperor!

After a moment, however, Nero blinked in incomprehension when she saw an incomprehensible sight. She thought that she had turned away from her mirror, in addition, she thought she was wearing a lovely red dress – the one that showed off all her character traits and so successfully emphasized her beauty. But when she had turned, she simply saw her beautiful self once again! This time wearing a white dress.

Though it was worth admitting that the white dress, or even rather the costume that seemed to be based on a wedding dress, certainly suited her. Which, however, was not the merit of the garment, but the merit of her unforgettable beauty!

Truly, even a poor box cannot hide the value of a real diamond!

However, distracted from her musings Nero – in fact both Neros, thinking almost identical thoughts at this moment. But at the moment, the conversation was about the one in red – she turned around once more, trying to test her guess. That she was, in fact, not simply being bamboozled by her own beauty, and started seeing everyone as a facsimile of her perfect self.