Chapter 59

The Witch could only teleport to places that she has been to before. And because of the sudden betrayal of the Roman camps there were no other safe haven for her to teleport to, so after a second where the light of the teleportation blinded her, she arrived in the clearing where she first appeared in the Singularity. Together with Ainz, Mashu, Medusa, Cainabel, Jeanne... and Cu Chulainn.

A second later, her black blade fell out of her hands and the Witch fell to her knees.

A moment after, she raised her hands to her face, trying to hold back her tears and to block her ears.

In the darkness of night, after the bright moon is hidden behind the clouds, even for a Servant it would be very difficult to see their surroundings. It is the perfect place to hide, not that the Dragon Witch is in any condition to mind such things.

"You killed him," a voice that sounded eerily like the Witch's voice resounded mockingly in her head.

"There was no other way!" - The Witch tried to argue back - "It was the only way!"

"Yes," the voice agreed easily. "For you."

"The Avenger, the Servant of Revenge, The host of hatred" - the voice enunciated mockingly - "How sad it is to be a Servant who draws strength from hatred towards herself" - The voice chuckled - "A Noble Phantasm that becomes stronger the more your allies dies - the ability to become the monstrous destroyer of France, to be the Betrayer."

"Shut up!" - The Witch squeezed her head harder - "You're not even real!"

"Oh, believe me, I'm as real as you are" - the Witch in her head grinned - "I am your skill, an undeniable part of you. Memory (Oblivion) Correction. My only purpose is to never let you forget."

"I did what I had to!" The Witch squeezed her head harder.

"Of course," the voice sounded pleased. "Because you betrayed him. You killed him in an act of betrayal. Now he hates you. You know this, otherwise you would not have become stronger. You have achieved this... "

"Shut up, shut up, Shut up!" - The Witch squeezed her head even more, hoping that the pain would drown out the voice in her head.

The voice laughed - "They all hate you, despise you, and fear you. That was the goal, wasn't it? The Servant who receives more power the more they are hated... "

"SHUT UP!" - The Witch was not in the state of mind to determine if she had shouted it out loud or not, but the voice became silent for a second, but it was not to last.

"But you hate yourself the most" - the voice said mockingly - "For all your powers, for your behavior, and for your betrayals... But you desired these, didn't you? After all, self-hatred will work just fine..."

After that parting remark, the Witch was finally left alone. Her mind was her own again.

But a part of her knows that it will make sure that the Witch does not forget these events.

Never.

Jeanne took a step back from the blade pointed at her chest.

The blade in Altera's hands did not even move an inch when she took a step forward toward Jeanne.

"We... Can we discuss this?" Jeanne tried to smile.

"No," Altera issued an instant verdict.

"NO TALKING WITH TRAITORS!" Only the presence of his commander restrained Spartacus from rushing into battle.

In reply Mashu lifted her shield and Medusa behind her grabbed her faithful chain daggers.

In response to such actions Spartacus roared, showing off his Berserker nature, while Jing Ke ran her finger along the tip of her blade, checking its sharpness.