Chapter 195

Ainz looked at the woman, Semiramis, before him, thoughtfully.

Once again he encountered a World Class Item, or something comparable, and once again its possessor does not understand what Ainz is talking about. In fact, she's looking at him with a look of irritation, arrogance, and interest – interest, at the very least, in the fact that he mentioned a term unknown to her.

Ainz thought about it for a moment, could he steal Semiramis' palace? By all appearances, Tesla's WCI was merely an ability, while his gloves were merely artifacts, but Semiramis' WCI hovered in the air as quite the tangible physical object... Ainz was quite willing to go to great lengths to get another WCI for his armory, an addition to the eleven WCIs already in his inventory.

Even if it meant ruining relations with some Servants and finishing Semiramis off right now.

On the other hand, the WCIs familiar to Ainz were various objects like gauntlets, scrolls, spears, or something similar. In general, they were objects that players could carry in their inventory, the largest of which was the size of a full armor and also fit perfectly in Ainz's inventory, like 'powered suits' for players, for example.

If the WCI was an entire castle... Ainz wasn't sure if he could even fit an entire flying palace in his inventory.

In theory, of course, there was a WCI much larger than Ainz himself that he couldn't fit into his inventory either, the Throne of Kings. But that one was completely embedded in Nazarick's Throne Room, with no ability to be moved, since its functions were specific to the Nazarick.

Could the soaring palace of Semiramis obey the same logic? No, judging by Ainz's own senses, the whole palace was the WCI. Even if he stole Semiramis's throne now, it might be useless. If he could do it at all of course...

"How much longer do you plan to look at me as if you were trying to size me up for butchering?" Semiramis' voice cut through Ainz's occupied mind. "I've conceded defeat, but don't think that means you can treat me with no respect now."

Ainz thought for a moment, should he be treating Semiramis with respect at this point? No, she had attacked him first, and now Ainz was contemplating appropriate compensation, the WCI would have served him well in this, but it still needed to be obtained, and Ainz had some problems with that. Hmm, maybe Semiramis herself could give him a clue?

"Hmm, I see," Ainz shifted his gaze to Semiramis, "I beat you, didn't I?"

Semiramis narrowed her eyes at that, clearly not wanting to agree with Ainz' words, but having to do so, at least, so she wouldn't look even stupider in denying the obvious. "You may call it that..."

'Didn't you yourself say you lost, a moment ago?' Ainz frowned. 'Or what, she's already figured out I don't want to kill her, and now she's trying to quickly gloss over the past as if it never happened? A cheap trick, Semiramis!'

"In that case, I'm entitled to a loot, that is, a reward, isn't it?" Ainz wasn't really sure whether he was entitled to anything like that. But realizing that Semiramis was perfectly capable of ignoring her defeats and was clearly one of those who always tried to put herself above others, he decided not to let his guard down by answering confidently.

Semiramis only pursed her lips at these words, squinting her eyes even more, so that they became narrow little slits, looking at Ainz as if she were one step away from attacking again.

Semiramis' pressure, however, was not that significant to Ainz. He had defeated her in combat a moment ago, and unless she had used some unseen ability in the past minute to become much stronger, there's nothing to fear about fighting again.