Chapter 110

Ainz, on the whole, was not an absolute gentleman. Well, he was of course initiated into the rules of behavior in society. For example, the need to hold the door in front of an elder leaving a building, and it was not such an unusual act for him to offer help to lift or carry some heavy thing for an acquaintance. But he, nevertheless, was not a gentleman.

Still, Ainz understood quite well that hitting girls was not worth it.

In an ordinary situation, that is.

But, the situation in which Ainz found himself was not ordinary at all. It was a battle. And in a battle - there is no place for prejudice, doubt, or feelings.

But...

"Nobunaga." After the distance between the fighters was about ten meters, Ainz stopped and, waiting for Nobunaga to turn, nodded to her, keeping a calm expression on his face. His smile had left his lips long ago, leaving on his face only an absolutely expressionless mask of utmost politeness - the one that Ainz used when politeness was the last thing he wanted to express, - "Anyway, before we start... I would like to ask you formal permission."

"Hmm?" Oda glanced at Ainz, waiting for an explanation.

"The fact is, fighting with my subordinates, with my Servants, is forbidden", - Ainz nodded slowly, then smiled, - "Therefore, I hope that for the duration of this battle, you will allow me not to consider you as my Servant."

However, there were certain formalities that Ainz preferred not to break unnecessarily. Not for the sake of creating a certain image - but, rather, for the sake of his own comfort.

"Ha, of course", - Nobunaga grinned slightly patronizingly, - "During the duel you can consider me your enemy."

"Oh, no," Ainz calmly objected and nodded, "Definitely, I don't consider you an enemy... I called you a hindrance. And I will stick to my opinion."

Nobunaga frowned for a second, then grunted as if mocking Ainz's opinion. He, however, continued to maintain a polite expression on his face, not reacting to such disdain.

After another second, Ainz turned away, looking at Mashu and smiled at her - quite affably, - "Mashu, would you be so kind... If Oda Nobunaga thinks that she is in a duel - could you start a duel countdown for Oda Nobunaga?"

To Da Vinci, whose gaze carefully analyzed every word and gesture of the fighters frowned, such a formulation of the proposal and wording was more than specific... However, she still understood that there was no place for her intervention in such an event. All she could at the moment was hope for Ainz's level-headedness and...

Da Vinci glanced at Nobunaga and frowned - well only Ainz's.

After another second, receiving a formal nod from Mashu, Ainz turned around.

The two opponents were facing each other. The distance is ten meters. Of course, someone could say that at such a distance an opponent preferring to fight in ranged combat was in an advantage However, in addition to the fact that for Servants such a distance could be crossed in less of a second, both opponents, Ainz and Nobunaga, specialized in long-range combat. Therefore, such a distance was, in a sense, beneficial to both of them.

However, this was only a trivial fact, insignificant for the duel that's about to happen.

The two duelists, Ainz and Nobunaga, stood opposite each other, looking into each other's eyes.

After another second, a wave of flame from Nobunaga again cleared the place for the two opponents to fight, to which Ainz did not offer any comment. After all, nothing that he could say at the moment would not affect what is happening and, in extreme cases, would make him look laughable. Therefore, instead of reacting in any way, Ainz only slowly shifted his gaze.