Chapter 73

"Interesting ..." Da Vinci went over the several sheets of notes that she had filled with her handwriting, and then looked at Baal. "What happened after that?"

'Da Vinci, fighting skills... Below average...'

"Oh, well, after that they killed me," Baal did not deny himself the pleasure of grabbing one of the croissants that Da Vinci had provided him, after which, carefully biting off a piece, he looked at Da Vinci, smiling, "For the first time, I mean."

"Hm, how interesting," Da Vinci tapped the pen in her hands, then wrote a new line in her notes, "And how exactly did it happen that you were killed so many times?"

'The desire for knowledge with the erratic accumulation of information makes her relatively dangerous. She would become much stronger, the more time was given to her...'

"Oh, parallel realities," Baal waved his hand vaguely in the air, bringing a cup of coffee to his mouth, "It's all because of the World Eater. He greatly complicated the system of our world order."

"How so?" Da Vinci continued to write something on another piece of paper, writing while completely not looking at the paper itself, "I would be glad to hear the details."

'However, this same thirst for knowledge also makes her convenient enough for manipulation...'

"The Devourer of the Worlds," Baal breathed, "It really fits the name given to it. From the very beginning he had already devoured many worlds, after which he aimed at destroying the remaining nine leaves of Yggdrasil. I understand that the Yggdrasil is a well-known concept in this world?"

"Yes, of course," Da Vinci looked at Baal, "But our knowledge about it is still very lacking, so I want to find out how so many different worlds were connected to each other."

'Da Vinci's main strength is her intelligence, something that does not depend directly on strength. In other words, if I manage to direct this mind in the right direction...'

"Oh, I would also like to alleviate your ignorance," Baal smiled with that smile that could slay any girl on the spot. Anyone who would actually respond to his superior appearance of course. Da Vinci, as the owner of a perfect body and a person who casted aside the veil of secrecy over the very concept of beauty, was excluded from the list of those who could fall at the feet of Baal because of one of his careless smiles, - "But I admit, I have been very busy as of late... So far all my days are spent getting to know my new colleagues."

Da Vinci looked at Baal interested, - "I'm surprised... I admit, your colleague, Cainabel, was not at all interested in such things."

'Cainabel... Even while being summoned into such a wretched body, she still remains my main opponent...'

"Oh, Cainabel is quite... Hmm..." - Baal thought of a word that could describe his colleague, - "Very specific in her way of communication..."

"What kind words from a demon!" Da Vinci grunted as she poured tea into her own cup.

'Not just a demon, but an emperor of demons. Please, mind the title. And acting talent is the first thing that both a demon and an emperor should learn. You could say that I'm doubly talented here.'

"Oh, the demons have an undeservedly bad image," Baal shook his hand in the air, as if talking about something unpleasant, "Demons since ancient times have always made deals. We only asked those who have made deals with us the payment that they are willing to pay, never more. We are the oldest negotiators, but with a terribly bad reputation. Although, this is certainly just human stupidity and undeserved slander."

"Is that so...," Da Vinci arched one eyebrow. "What about when demons take the souls of their contractors and when demons would tempt the believers with worldly desires?"