Chapter 10

The four Servants took their seat at a table in a small office that the top officers, all four of them. of Chaldea had recently used, Ainz himself stood at the head of the table. He would also like to sit down, to be honest, but could not do so for a very specific reason.

'How long does she plan to mangle my hand?' Ainz thoughtfully tried to move his hand, currently being squeezed by Serenity as if she was a vice, then turned his eyes to the Servants who sat down on the seats besides the table provided to them, then to Mashu who is also sitting next to them and, just in case, to Roman and Olga-Marie. In other words besides Da Vinci who was currently engaged in her own business in the workshop, at the moment, all the people who had any significant ability to solve anything on the scale of the incident, humanity's extinction, were present in the room.

There was plenty of room for everyone but the girl, Hassan of Serenity, whose mask was currently taken off and dangling on her belt as if she had not seen it, instead continuing to stand next to Ainz. Wrapping his arms with her arms, as if it was a matter of course, continuing to observe all those present attentively.

'Of course, I know that children love to show their affection by cuddling...' At this moment Ainz fidgeted inwardly. 'But she realizes that she is not quite... A child?'.

The inner suppression of emotions, currently active thanks to Ainz's decision did not give him the opportunity to feel any excessively strong feelings, such as arousal, but he still could not completely suppress some interest in the girl. Because of this Ainz, aware of his feelings, continued to unconsciously respond to the hugs of Serenity.

'She is sixteen...' Ainz sighed at that moment. After all he , in the past world, could well have had a daughter her age.

However, Serenity was most likely simply not aware of her actions, continuing to embrace the hand of her Master. Carefully staring at the people around her Master as if they were the one behaving strangely.

'Or is it all thanks to my new body ?' Ainz looked thoughtfully at his reflection in one of the mirrors hanging on the wall, to find his young, beautiful, athletic, black-haired and blue-eyed body. 'As I thought, I should get a more mature adult body...'

"Khm" In the end after everyone else managed to take their places, with Serenity still holding on to the hand of the silent Ainz, Dr. Roman drew the attention of all present with a cough. Serenity also turned her attentive gaze on the man, not letting go of her Master. However, Romani did not start a conversation, but with a glance subtly suggested to Ainz that he should be the one to start the briefing.

'Of course, I am the Master after all.' - Ainz internally sighed. 'It can be said that in this case I am the head of the department who has just gathered a lot of new people to my team. In this case, I have to greet them, set clear goals for them, create a friendly atmosphere and immediately draw their attention and interest to their work. In this case...'

"Humanity was destroyed." The very first words that came out of Ainz mouth was as if a bomb had exploded in the conference hall, forcing all Servants to instantly show a surprised, interested and even disbelieving glance at their new Master. Even Serenity, who is continuing to hold Ainz's hand in captivity, looked at him with interest.

"So, humanity was destroyed." to consolidate the statement Ainz repeated the news again, after which he internally patted himself on the back. After that he was able to unequivocally capture their attention. Now it is necessary to explain to them who he is, where they were and what their future work will be.

"My name is Ainz Ooal Gown and I am currently your Master. I hope we will get along." Ainz bowed, which unfortunately turned out quite crumpled because of Serenity, who continued to hang onto the man's arm. "And this time you were summoned to the Chaldea Research Center. Some time ago, the center discovered the death of humanity in the future, during the unknown events of 2016, as well as a temporal anomaly that appeared in the Holy Grail War in Fuyuki."