Chapter 108

Six days. Six days spent in Chaldea... Six days where he did his best to not interact with anyone.

Ainz took a deep breath and shook his head.

In total, almost a whole week, spent hiding in his room. It must be enough time for his Servants to rest, right? Enough time to reconnoiter and prepare to move to the new Singularity, right? Was a week enough time for Ainz himself to sort out the quandaries that were occupying his mind? Hahahaha... No.

His reluctance actually has a much more complex reason than anyone would have thought.

Of course, his conversation with Hector helped Ainz to sort out some of his reluctance. It even gave him some hints as to how to tackle his 'difficulty' with his... 'admirers'. Did that mean that he had marched to them and declared his intent? He wouldn't currently be doing his best imitation of a turtle if that were true.

Archer's cooking also helped him a lot though.

The thought of Archer's cooking made Ainz smile against his will. Indeed, the other Servants did not exaggerate his ability to cook. Ainz was even feeling a little upset that he only just now started eating his cooking... Although, he must admit, Ainz even felt a little unusual eating something delicious, natural and prepared personally by a professional chef. It made him feel like one of the megacorporations higher ups... Which was, in itself, not a bad feeling at all, but extremely unusual for Ainz. At least he was sure that there was nobody dying just for him to enjoy the delicious food.

Khm, anyway. To move back to the thing that has been occupying his thoughts lately.

Women, ha... Truly, the source of all problems in this world!

In the end, even after a week of careful thought, Ainz couldn't say something as ridiculous as 'let's make a harem!'. His psyche was really confused just from contemplating such thoughts... But, just the thought of simply denying all the girls, and making them sad was... Ainz wasn't sure why, but just imagining such an outcome made him angry for some reason. And Ainz, although he did not consider himself a smart person, was not so stupid and blind as not to understand where such thoughts are coming from and where he would sooner or later end up with such reflections.

So in the end, although still with some trepidation in his heart, Ainz could at least admit to himself internally that in the end everything would most likely come to... Um, it was awkward for Ainz to say that word even internally.

To, ahem, make a harem...

Ainz sighed and shook his head again. He really wished he had someone to ask advice from! Hector again? No, he doesn't want to look like a needy friend, maybe some other time. Cu Chulainn? No, that sounds like a very terrible idea. Hassan?... Actually Ainz hasn't seen him in a long while, as expected of an Assassin? How about Archer? He seemed like a very worldly person... But, for some reason, his sixth sense is telling him that nothing good would come from asking Archer such a question, strange.

Oh how friendly advice from his guildmates would be so useful to him now! Tabula could probably give him a couple of interesting topics that he could use to converse with a girl. Though the topics might be a bit esoteric. Touch Me could tell him how to interact with girls in a gentlemanly fashion, he was married after all. His experience would help him immensely in dealing with the girls. Punitto Moe would probably be able to help him with the eldritch secret of the correct distribution of time so as not to offend any girl and how he should act in order to pay attention each. He would probably be a bit overzealous about it though...

But even as desperate as he is, he absolutely would not listen to any of Perroroncino's advice! Well, it's not that Perroroncino could give him much advice anyway. He, upon learning about Ainz's situation, would probably just start cursing or even yelling at Ainz something like 'how dare you steal my dream?!' all the while crying from resentment. He would probably laugh when Ainz committed errors and get the girls mad at him. Why must his life be so complicated...