Chapter 147

Looking at the approaching Valkyrie, one that is aiming her spear square at Ainz's heart, Ainz could only sigh at his bad luck. Really, what were the chances of a meeting with a Valkyrie with a bone to pick against the undead in the middle of nowhere? And one that can see through his human shell at that?

Although, technically speaking, this was not a new record. His battle with Nobunaga, and, a little earlier than that, with the robots happened half an hour after he was in London? In that case, this hostile encounter with... whoever this Servant was, was not the fastest that Ainz have ever experienced. Though not by much, it took him almost an hour.

But on the other hand, excluding the situation with Nobunaga, it was still the fastest contact with an enemy Servant ever. Just an hour in the Singularity, and before he found anyone peaceful.

Indeed, it was a kind of record! Though not one that he was very pleased in breaking.

Still, Ainz wasn't sure how he was supposed to react to an attempt of killing him at the moment. That is, of course, Ainz understood that, most likely, he should fight back - Ainz was not that stupid. But how? Should he try to grab, disarm and interrogate the Servant? He doesn't really know where to touch her!? She was wearing so little! Should this idea be given up before it was attempted?

Ainz was sure that the Servant in front of him was not strong enough to break through his passive defense, at least this opening attack of hers. Of course, if she starts using her Noble Phantasms, or some esoteric skills... Who knows how the situation might turn?

Ainz sighed the sigh of the damned once more before teleporting away from the Servant's blow, the Servant's quite slow attack. Reappearing a distance away, Ainz immediately cast a spell that almost became second nature to him at this point. "Greater Hold Species."

Usually this was enough, the magical seal would rise around the girl, and stop her in her tracks so that they could have a civil discussion... No such thing happened.

Ainz's spell suddenly ceased to work as soon as it appeared, some kind of magic flashed around the Servant cancelling his spell. The appearance of the spell that the Valkyrie had cast looked quite familiar to his insignificant knowledge of runes that Ainz kept in his memory before disappearing.

"Your foul magic will not help you, spawn of Balor." Before she could do or say anything else, she had to retreat. As where she was standing, seem to be consumed by seemingly hundreds of shots and explosions, turning the almost completely flat ground into a string of small craters.

Clearing his head of the stunned state he was in, Cu Chulainn, apparently just now realizing that the possibility of a peaceful resolution to the conflict was melting before his eyes, made a last desperate attempt to stop the rampaging Servants. "Master, Teacher, stop! You'll kill each other!"

"I'm not the one attacking," Ainz calmly replied to Cu Chulainn, all the while not taking his eyes off of the Servant. After all, who knows of the strange skill that she has.

The enemy Servant did not deign to reply, also not taking her eyes off of Ainz and Nobunaga, whose guns covered more and more of the sunny sky over the desert. Satisfied that the two of them were not attacking anytime soon, she turned to Cu Chulainn. Strangely enough, she had a sad look on her face. "I had heard rumors, Cu Chulainn, but it seems that I was only refusing to accept the truth, it is obvious now. Indeed, there is nothing heroic left in you, a spawn of Balor has no place in the lands of the living."

"That, by the way, is a very offensive thing to say. I'm no such thing's spawn." Ainz only sighed at the Valkyrie's strange words before taking a closer look at the Servant's appearance. Really, him being a Balor's spawn? What part of him looks like an underwater demon? Is she a Servant from Ireland?