Chapter 76

At the meeting between the leaders of Chaldea, on whose shoulders lay the responsibility of saving the world and resolving the Singularities, Ainz arrived last. Somehow having managed to be a little behind from Da Vinci who he was just talking with a moment before. Da Vinci moved along Chaldea's corridors with the steadfastness of the Titanic, of course without its tendency to hit freak icebergs. The moment he reached the meeting room and opened the door - Da Vinci had already settled down on one of the more comfortable places, on one of the free windowsills, pushing the nearby useless objects next to Da Vinci to the side. Olga-Marie, as befits her position as the boss of the organization, was sitting in one of the armchairs with a chic burgundy velvet upholstery, legs crossed and slowly pulling a cigarette with some interest. Ainz noticed that the cigarette was taken from the same pack of cigarettes that Ainz gave her. Roman, as the boss' minion should be, was sitting on an armchair next to Olga, looking at some notes that from Ainz's vantage point looked like it was written with a careless hand in a particularly packed scribbled notebook.

In other words, the picture of the "three saviors of mankind" looked so harmonious and complete that Ainz felt a little unsuitable for this place. But, on the other hand, while all the three leaders supported Chaldea, Ainz alone fought at the forefront - that is, his sole participation was the lynchpin in such a meeting above all else.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, he was not allowed to think about it for too long. Olga, only now seeing Ainz entering the room, blinked in surprise then frowned and was about to say something before deciding otherwise then shook her head. She slowly exhaled and then began examining Ainz's new appearance. Ainz, a little concerned about Olga's strange behavior, looked at her a little strangely.

"It's difficult to get used to your changed appearance," Olga-Marie answering the unasked question answered with a sigh, "I'm already used to the previous appearance and then suddenly it's another one... Well? What are you waiting for, come in."

Ainz hesitated for a second then entered the spacious meeting room. The room was spacious and comfortable, unlike the rest of Chaldea which is rather spartan and sterile looking it was decorated with relatively dark colors. The meeting room that they are using right now was a converted lounge laden with armchairs, several bookshelves - exclusively for decorative purposes - and a couple of coffee tables. The rather comfy looking room did not fit the image for a meeting between the people responsible with the salvation of humanity. On the other hand, if you look at it differently a little and say that Chaldea is now engaged in "deciding the fate of mankind," then the room around him would begin to look more appropriate.

"Chief," Ainz nodded to Olga-Marie, after which to Roman, "Doctor."

"To tell you the truth, I no longer remember the fact that I was once just a doctor anymore..." Roman spoke out in despair, for which he received an elbow poke courtesy of Olga-Marie to his side, - "Hey! I am not complaining, not complaining!"

"Indeed you're not complaining, but whining instead," Olga then sighed, after which she looked at Ainz and smiled, "Well, special operative... I hope your rest was well enough?"

"I hope so too," Ainz replied uncertainly, Chaldea was a great place to put his thoughts in order and recover a little, but for it to be just a week before the new Singularity... Furthermore, this time Ainz was forced to spend his time in Chaldea with his real body...

While it wasn't a problem in itself, it's not like he felt any body dysphoria with his skeletal body - Ainz felt his skeletal body as... His real body. It probably happened because of the thousands of hours that he spent playing as his avatar in Yggdrasil. In addition, it was definitely nice to know that his body would not fall apart if he accidentally used a stronger spell than he should have. Of course, he still could not use a lot of his spells, not that he feels the need to use them, due to the collateral damage that it would cause. For example, he could not use many of his abilities which were... Hmm... 'Organically Incompatible' with his current living space. What's worse is the fact that, due to being confined to a skeletal body with its inability to eat or even taste anything, he was not able to taste Archer's cooking... Which was very unfortunate given the many praise the people of Chaldea gave to his cooking.