Chapter 77

As soon as Ainz felt his feet standing on the solid ground of the Singularity he instantly looked around, trying to determine where he currently was.

After a few moments of observation Ainz had determined that he is currently in what would be best described with the phrase "uninhabited island". Ainz was currently standing on a golden yellow sand that carpeted and scattered in front of an endless blue sea stretching into the horizon. Behind him was, at a respectful distance from the location dominated by the beach, a cornucopia of vegetations rising to the sky in the form of numerous trees, shrubs and tall grass.

"Ha..." - Ainz chuckled for a moment. In Septem, he was so excited to see the sea that he has never seen before - and now, there is only the shining sea as far as the eye can see...

The problem, the only one in fact, that he could see right now was that with the boundless sea in front of him he doesn't really have any idea of where to go right now.

"The sun, the beach and the sea..." - Ainz turned to the source of the voice, seeing Mozart looking with interest at the vista of the Singularity that had opened to him. "I admit, I expected something much more sinister and strange..."

"Under any other occasion, I would suggest that we stay here for a while..." Nero sighed, after which she lit up the already light-flooded beach with a radiant smile, "But our mission cannot wait ~ umu! Ainz, what awaits us next?"

After Nero's exuberant words, the eyes of the rest of the Servants became focused on Ainz, forcing him to begin to tremble internally.

'I would like to know that myself...' - Ainz exhaled, after which he looked around the beach again.

As Ainz could see the island itself was very small, well as far as a person who never actually saw a real island could tell anyway. Ainz saw that at a certain distance, just a couple of kilometers, he could see the end of the beach, seeing only the sea instead, hopefully outlining the border of the island. In other words, the island definitely did not look too big from his vantage point.

"Well, then..." Ainz nodded. To make sure that he could take better care of the Servants, then this means that he needed to act rationally.

After a second, several small black clots separated from Ainz's shadow. These small clots, after a moment, began to slowly shape into huge birds of prey, consisting entirely of rotten flesh and in various places only bones. After they were completely formed they began to caw with a sound that can only be described as screams, they instantly soared upward.

"If you think about it, this is the second time that Senpai uses necromancy..." Mashu said softly, "Although, if it does not require bodies, can this be considered necromancy at all?.."

The four Bone Vultures created by Ainz were only of the twentieth level, and therefore Ainz did not expect that they could defeat any of the opponents they could meet on the island. However, after their destruction, Ainz could determine where on this island there was something worthy of interest. Or, if the vultures had not been destroyed at all, then Ainz could determine that there was nothing interesting on the island without wasting time exploring and bothering the other Servants.

However, this process takes time - and although it was only an hour or even less, his summons would most likely cover all the island. He considered it impractical to spend this entire hour on the beach.

So, while his summons are engaged in surveillance - it was best for him to decide on where he should go now.

And before that - how to go there.

Ainz looked once again at the parameters of the Servants he brought with him, trying to find among them something suitable...

"Cainabel," Ainz turned to the girl, who is currently trying her best to blot out the sun with her umbrella "Your second Noble Phantasm... Do you have any ships?"