Chapter 151

If there's one word that Mordred Pendragon could use to describe her life, then it could only be 'unfortunate'.

From her birth, then her education and upbringing, leading to what can only be called a disaster of a relationship with her father, which led to, in the end, nothing but betrayal, rebellion, and death.

In other words, Mordred could only say that her life was nothing more than a series of escalating failures. Truly, her moniker should have been the 'Knight of Failures'.

Moreover, this was also true of her second 'life'. In that new 'life', she once again betrayed her father for the sake of her 'father'. And then, to follow it up, she betrayed her father yet again, the other one, for the sake of whom she had betrayed her first father for. After finishing that debacle, she then killed her father, all done without even receiving any recognition of her merits from her father... She's getting confused now...

Um, Mordred's life was not only unlucky, but also very complicated... Why are there so many versions of her father, anyway!?

If Mordred's mind was more predisposed to joking around, then she could even joke about how her title — the 'knight of betrayal' — was very fitting if one were to judge her actions alone. But, at the moment, actually she was not a person disposed to joking at all, Mordred had no desire to think about such a topic.

To be honest, Mordred had no desire to do anything at all at the moment.

No, she was not upset by the fact that centuries after her death, she was called to fight for the sake of humanity, saving the whole of them by dealing with the Singularities. Mordred at least understood what it meant to be a Servant, and she was never one to shy away from a good fight. The main problem, the cause of her ennui, perhaps, was that she was not actually doing any of that. In fact, her battle in the name of salvation of mankind was currently postponed indefinitely.

Mordred was not worried about the fact that her skills and abilities were neglected over other Servants. Over the years, in her service to her father, Mordred had accepted the fact that there were people in the world stronger than her. And even people that were weaker still who possess skills that were much more suitable for fulfilling their duties, in which Mordred did not fit. If her Master had reason to suspect that, in solving the current Singularity, it was not fighting strength that was important, but intelligence, magic, or something else — well, Mordred could only shrug and go about her business.

The source of her anxiety was nothing so simple.

The problem was that Mordred was left at the base — and far from alone. There were many staff members walking about the place, Servants doing their own things, including... Her father.

It was because of the last fact that Mordred was currently locking herself in her room, isolating herself from the rest of Chaldea for probably a week, not even daring to leave the room.

Behind the door, in the corridors, her father walks... And Mordred, should probably, at the very least, greet her... Ahh, if it were that simple!

"Hello father! It is me, your son, the person who caused your death in a rebellion of my own making. Oh! And one that then betrayed you again, the last time we were summoned at the same time! Well, yes, the one who loves and hates you at the same time, who accidentally destroyed your Kingdom. And by the way, do you remember Merlin? Hmm, an interesting story there, I'm also part of the reason your oldest friend, teacher and adoptive father was forever sealed in his tower... So, how are you?"

Mordred wasn't even sure if she should be meeting or even interacting in any way with her father at all? Wasn't it easier to just leave their relationship alone and... What?