Chapter 40

Cainabel trudged through the corridors, feeling extremely irritated and somewhat furious. In just the time, the last few days, that Cainabel was summoned it was already becoming quite a familiar state of mind to her.

"Fight me!" Came the cry of a girl just behind Cainabel, a sound as loud like thunder.

More than anything, Cainabel wanted to crush this "Dragon Witch" like the worm she is. Cut off her hands and feet, and then finally chop off her head and enjoy draining the blood from the miserable still living remains - in general, just do what Cainabel did all her life before.

'No fighting' damn it.

"Fight me, jerk!" The girl's scream at the already annoyed Cainabel makes her even more annoyed than from the fact the she has to endure being near humans. But still a little less than from the fact that Cainabel was just summoned as a Servant, and not just by anyone, but by Momo... Ainz himself.

It was worse than all the cries of the worm put together.

"A brainless creature," Cainabel could not stand it anymore and turned around after another scream from the girl, almost making her bump into her at full speed,"Even in order for your brainless yapping to actually annoy me, you still need to become a couple orders of magnitude more powerful."

It was a bluff - Cainabel had no patience with anyone regardless of their level of strength. However, the worm did not know this, and Cainabel in any case could not kill this annoying louse, being tied hand and foot by the words, orders really, of her Master, so the worm, with a little more than a glance, took a different approach to the situation.

"The omnipotent True Ancestor is afraid to lose?" The worm tried to grin smugly at Cainabel.

Cainabel clenched her fists.

She now wanted nothing more than to crush the head of the girl in front of her.

Who does she think she is?! Does she even understand who she is talking to?! Does she realize how easy it is for Cainabel to just break her head and look inside her skull in search of a brain that was clearly absent?

But still, Cainabel could not do this. Not while she is being bound by the orders of Ainz.

But still she wanted to retaliate to the girl in front of her with at least something.

Cainabel did not spend much time with the rest of the Servants - except for one interesting exception. And this entertaining exception provided her with some information.

"I really don't understand how it was possible to betray you," Cainabel glared at the girl in front of her with a scornful look, "When trash is dumped to a neighbor, this can be considered a betrayal of the neighbor, but not a betrayal to the trash thrown out, it is treated just like all trash should be."

The girl opposite her choked on her own words. Anger, hatred flashed in her eyes for a second, but most importantly - pain.

Cainabel saw this pain and immediately broke into a cruel smile, - "On the other hand, a brainless cattle taken to a slaughterhouse to a neighbor is more likely to be considered a gift, especially if after it is just barbecued. Tell me, are you garbage or cattle?"

The girl opposite her silently lowered her head, clenching her fists in anger. However, in this expression there was not only anger - but also pain. Cainabel's words hurt the girl deeply - and that was good. The more Cainabel hurt her, the longer she will fall behind her. Of course, then she will confront her with a vengeance - but then Cainabel will just need to redouble her efforts in order to trample the girl in the mud for a little longer.