Chapter 51

Unfortunately, despite Romulus' offer to accommodate her stay, Nero left Rome immediately after it became clear that the unknown attacker did not cease their attempts to break through Ainz's defense from observation even when Ainz is in the presence of Romulus. So it became quite clear that the interloper was not on Romulus' side. Unfortunately - or fortunately at least for Ainz - this time Romulus did not ambush them with another "dinner" as Caesar did. Instead of a festive table ladened with food, he led Ainz into a room located not far from the throne room, which was most likely the room used for negotiations. At least the large round table inside the room implied such a thing, the table at which Ainz, Romulus and everyone else managed to fit themselves in. Though...

'Even when he is not doing anything - I still feel that he is somehow outclassing me...' - Ainz looked at Romulus, sitting opposite him. Unfortunately, because of his immense size, it was simply impossible for Romulus to sit in front of Ainz in one of the normal chairs. So he took a seat on a titanic chair, one with a size capable of shaming some small pitiful human throne, and sit on a chair placed at some distance from the table. This was logical, given that because of his stature his knees would be exactly at eye level to the other Servants. However, because of this, it seemed as if Romulus is continuing to sit on his throne, and Ainz, who is sitting at the table, was simply a peasant delivering a petition to his king - well, or, in this case, to the emperor.

Ainz once again looked closely at the man, after which he looked at the three Servants of Romulus, who had taken a position next to the gigantic Servant, recalling what information Jeanne could convey to him.

"So, everything is exactly as we expected," the man in the suit and glasses straightened his long black hair, which went down to his lower back, after which he puts his hand into his breast pocket, removing a cigarette case.

"Lord El-Melloi," Romulus' voice resounded calmly, "I asked you not to smoke inside my palace."

"Yeah... you did," the man sighed, after which he immediately returned the cigarette case back into his pocket and then stared at Ainz.

Waver Velvet, a Demi-Servant just like Mashu. However, if the identity of the Servant who settled in Mashu could not be determined by Jeanne because of how the Servant himself hid their identity, then in Waver's case there were no such difficulty.

'Zhuge Liang' - Ainz felt a herd of goosebumps run along his spine - 'One of the Great Strategist of the Three Kingdoms. A strategist that was equal to Sun Tzu himself. The owner of a whole bunch of strong skills for commanding armies, a mediocre magician, a weak Servant in terms of parameters and the owner of an incredible Noble Phantasm of the EX rank. How bad it is now to meet him of all people...'

"Waver," the boy next to Zhuge frowned, "Who would have thought that you would start smoking..."

'Alexander III of Macedon' - Ainz looked at the boy - 'More precisely, his younger self. A boy, that would one day will be known as Alexander the Great. Not the worst in a straight battle - not the strongest either. His Noble Phantasm is not that strong and his skills are both not so numerable and not powerful. Apparently, his adult version is much more dangerous...'

"You are both boring," Leonidas sighed, after which he looked around at Ainz and his Servants.

'Leonidas I,' recalled Ainz, 'As a Servant he is not particularly strong, but given his skills, Endurance and his Noble Phantasm, he is more than suitable for the role of keeping the attention of his enemies and tanking their hits, a Tank in short.'

After summing up the abilities of Romulus' Servants , Ainz then turned his gaze back to Romulus. Romulus also simply stared at the Necromancer, causing the meeting room to fall into silence for several seconds.