Chapter 18

Not that there were no strong zombies in Yggdrasil - especially if you count as "zombie" not only mobs, which had some variants of the "zombie" race like "zombie swordsman" or "zombie archer", but also representatives of more powerful races that are "evolutions", such as "dullahans" or "unborn" - and even more so players - however, usually zombies were minor opponents, being below the twentieth level. For someone like a Servant, they were hardly a threat.

But seventy thousand is seventy thousand.

Each player, NPC or mob in Yggdrasil received their own list of many different abilities, and when a player they got to the one hundredth level, abilities like "High Tier Physical Immunity" were practically obligatory - so it doesn't matter how many hundreds or thousands of low-level enemies - if anyone could meet such a large army in the open spaces of the game - would attack him, he could, if he wanted to, continue to walk in such an environment, with opponents unsuccessfully attacking him until he gets bored of it - so, because of that, for Ainz, there was no danger of meeting even seventy thousand opponents — even if they attacked him together. However, for the Servants, the situation was completely different. Although Endurance - or HP - of Servants could be close to or even exceed that of a high-level player, abilities that completely blocked damage below a certain level were extremely rare and could claim the place of a high-ranking Noble Phantasm, which only a few, the most famous heroes, possessed, such as Achilles or Siegfried. Also, due to not possessing the "Physical Defence" parameter except from the wearable equipment, the overwhelming majority of Servants still suffered damage even from low-level opponents - if they, of course, had a little bit of magic inside them.

Jeanne could notice ten zombies, could defeat a hundred and, if she was called in her full strength, may be able destroy even a thousand. But not seventy times more.

"Bad" - Ainz concluded, when the eyes of hundreds and thousands of the undead rushed at Jeanne, it was necessary only to appear on the doorstep of the destroyed city. Credit where credit is due, the girl was not taken aback - she held her flag-weapon like a spear, and rushed forward, not paying attention to the fact that her opponents were the living dead. While she was once a simple peasant girl — in her life, she saw the blood, the battles, and the enemy — and that is why she could not lose herself at the sight of the dead who had risen from the graves, attacking her. However, in the current situation, simple decisiveness was not enough - the dead rushed forward at Jeanne like a stream, and Ainz himself could feel with his abilities that the entire city, which was literally full of living dead people, was now heading towards Jeanne - and the other Servants.

"If we were in the game, I would have scolded the girl for the fact that she aggro'd so many opponents at once." - Ainz shook his head - "But, unfortunately, this is not a game - and therefore scolding the girl will need to wait. I don't think she will accept my lamentations if she dies under a crowd of zombies. "

Zombies rushed at Jeanne - but she also, without stopping, rushed into the thick of the dead - wielding a banner like a spear, the girl quickly began to reduce the number of attackers - but Ainz understood that such success was a temporary phenomenon.

"Master?" - Arthuria's voice in his head made Ainz wince - "Should we help her?"

On the one hand, for Ainz himself it was not a problem to destroy seventy thousand opponents relying solely on his "High Tier Physical Immunity" - or some spells. The fact that they had just fallen into a similar situation and battle, and that they could have easily prevented the situation if Jeanne only listened to him, when he sensed zombies in the city. This made the magi sigh and go silent for a couple of seconds.

"Master?" - after waiting a few seconds, Arthuria again turned to Ainz for her connection.

Ainz sighed again, then nodded to himself - "Okay."