Chapter 32

Ainz was moving forward slowly while feeling the wagon swaying beneath him. Of course, he could also ride in front of the army, on horseback with Gilles, Jeanne and John - perhaps even carry his flag along with the standards of the army - but being unsure of his abilities as a rider, he preferred to just sit in the wagon, allowing himself not to worry about a possible fall from the horse and just indulge in observation.

The army was moving slowly — soldiers clinking with weapons — horses sometimes spurred by their riders — all slowly moving forward. Ainz once again looked around, noticing the trees slowly passing by and the faces of the soldiers, ready for a new battle, maybe the last for them.

"L'HOMME ARME!" - an unexpected sharp sound startled Ainz - "DOIBT ON DOUBTER!"

The sound was like a scream, if the scream periodically changed its tone and depth - for a second, Ainz thought that someone had stepped on a cat very close to him.

"ON A FAIT!" - Ainz flinched once more, when after a second of delay the scream rang out again and again, Ainz began to turn his head in all directions, - "PARTOUT CRIER!"

"Where are these hellish sounds coming from?!" - Mozart's voice distracted the magician for a second, after which he glanced at Caster, who was trying to plug his ears with all his might.

"QUE CHASCUN!" - the sound capable of tearing eardrums rumbled once more and Ainz saw several soldiers moving in front of the column and not so far from him grimacing, "SE VIEGNE ARMER!"

After these words, Ainz was finally able to find the reason why this terrifying noise was now pouring into his ears.

"D'UN HAUBREGON DE FER!" - shouted one more line from a terrible monster, hiding under the face of a young girl, marching not far from the wagon of Ainz himself.

"Please stop, I cannot bear this torture anymore!" - Mozart's voice became even louder, but Bathory had already opened her mouth to sing further, so Caster had no choice but to just shut her up with his own hands, - "I swear I hear everything a thousand times better than a normal person - but never, never in my life have I regretted it more than now!"

"Ugh!" - immediately Elizabeth pulled away when Mozart shut her mouth, - "What do you think you are doing?!"

"What you am I doing?!" - Mozart instantly pulled away from the girl, looking at her in horror, - "What kind of torture was that?!"

"Torture?!" - immediately Bathory was offended, after which she looked at Caster with anger, - "The song is to raise morale before the fight!"

"So that was a song!" - Mozart immediately grabbed his head, and then looked at Lancer again, - "So you say that it was... A song?!"

"Of course!" - Bathory was indignant with the look of insulted innocence, - "What else could it be?!"

"It was just a scream!" - Mozart accused the girl with a finger.

"How dare you!.." the girl tried to be indignant, but her speech was interrupted by the heavy fan of Kiyohime, which was delivered to the top of her head a second later, "Why?!"

"The fake dragon is causing problems," Kiyohime opened her fan, after which she fanned herself, - "Moreover, for the dragon himself... It is incomprehensible to the mind how I could spend so much time with you."

"You!" - Lancer immediately rushed - but this time she nevertheless chose Mozart as her target, that already ran away from her anger a second prior. Kiyohime, feeling some responsibility for the stupid creature entrusted to her, rushed after her. However, Ainz only looked away from the fight that remained behind the march. The magician was not even worried that the Servants might be left behind - they would still catch up with the army, so instead of worrying, he simply turned his eyes to another company of Servants who were moving next to him.