Chapter 78

Unfortunately, a summoned creature like the Bone Vulture did not give Ainz any other information other than the fact that it was destroyed, so Ainz himself was not sure what he was supposed to find in the last position that the Bone Vulture had been in. Maybe the vulture was killed in one blow, and equally as possible that it managed to survive in a long and fierce battle, in which it died only by accident. If Ainz had used the "Undead Slave Sight" he would have been able to control the undead like a puppet, but such an ability would have needed Ainz's direct control. And since he still needed to pay close attention to his surroundings, he was forced to simply use the summons as a net to blindly gather information. Namely, by the fact that for whatever reason, his summoned undead were destroyed.

Of course, while the destruction of the summoned creature should be taken as an act of hostility, Ainz was fully aware that the undead summoned by him looked like a crazed monster to most people. So while his summoned creature was destroyed, it doesn't naturally mean that the one that destroyed it was an enemy. And given Ainz's very non-confrontational nature - he sincerely believed that he would be able to establish peaceful contact with these new people.

If not... Well, data crystals were also a very useful find.

The ship under Ainz's control moved with incredible grace, easily dissecting the waves and ignoring the weak wind that should have hindered it's path, easily moving at a speed enviable even for modern, to Ainz, ships. The ship easily sailed through tens of kilometers in a matter of moments. Fortunately, being created by a spell, Ainz's ship was protected from the many unpleasant accompanying problems of moving at such speeds, like wind or sea waves. And therefore, after only a dozen minutes, Ainz could see a black dot slowly rising on the horizon.

After seeing his quarry, Ainz slightly reduced the speed of the ship and, regretting the lack of a powerful scout with the ability to see far-away things like Archer, extended a hand to his inventory. A second later, a huge mirror the size of a grown man appeared in his hands - the heavily gold-framed Mirror of Remote Viewing hung in the air when Ainz released it from his hands.

"Wow!" Nero, who appeared just a moment later next to Ainz, looked at the new shiny toy with childish enthusiasm, "You have a lot of treasures up in your sleeves ~ umu!"

Ainz felt a small amount of pride when he heard these praises, it made a smile to appear on his face, while he nodded. "This mirror comes in handy in my work."

After a second, the mirror, which at first only reflected the appearance of Ainz and Nero, changed. The mirror which before only shows the reflection of those who stand before it now shows something else instead - his backside, a feat impossible to a normal mirror. A second later, raising his hands to the mirror, Ainz was able to slightly change the image shown, after which, with a couple of manipulations, the invisible observer from behind Ainz rose from its position and went forward at an incredible speed.

"Magnificent! The many applications I can see for such a thing ~ umu!" Nero's exuberant voice made Ainz smile, but her further remark caused his smile to slightly distort, "Finally, a mirror in which you can see how you look from behind! "

"Ahem..." - Ainz nodded, "I suppose it can be used like that, of course... But usually it is used for other things."

"Espionage is such an unreasonable affair," Nero thoughtfully waved Ainz off. "But many people would have sold their souls for the opportunity to see themselves from behind in the mirror!"

Ains, not sure how he should react to such a remark, only nodded in reply, and then looked at the mirror.

A moment later, in front of Ainz, a clearer picture of that "black dot" seen earlier on the horizon appeared. And it seems that it was not just one thing ..