Chapter 111

Either during the day or night, on a normal day, Kiyohime would spend her time on a few possible activities.

More often than not she would spend the time in front of a mirror trying to improve her already beautiful appearance, she would want to be her best for her Anchin after all. In Kiyohime's dictionary, such an activity would be the activity cited as an example for the phrase 'rational use of time'.

Also, Kiyohime was not at all against 'fulfilling her duties as a wife', in the kitchen of course. Kiyohime knew how to cook very well and would be able to stand side by side with those who think that cooking is a talent of theirs. However, with Ainz not being in Chaldea, spending time on such activity was meaningless for Kiyohime. After all, she - as a wife - would only cook for her beloved and their future children.

Even more, Kiyohime, as befits a good wife, was educated and devoted to all the intricacies and etiquette of a housewife. She knew how to sew, knit, weave, and also - if her husband would be not against such behavior - she was well versed in repairs, painting, carpentry, and accounting.

She also speaks six languages, as it would be the greatest tragedy if she were to miss Anchin just because she didn't understand him. Although, from the moment she was summoned as a Servant, it was a little unnecessary. All in all if a skill is at least theoretically useful 'in the life of a happy family' she knows it.

But, in her lonesome and in the almost complete absence of her 'ordinary life' with Anchin - all such skills were unnecessary and, as she has perfected her skills, such a pastime was meaningless.

In the end, the only other thing Kiyohime could do was have a conversation with her usual opponent and the main contender for the title of 'Anchin's wife', Serenity. As it turned out however, there was not only one other 'main contender'.

It was because of the latter fact that Kiyohime was in her current frame of mind.

Usually, when Kiyohime was sick at heart - conversations - or, rather, a squabble with Serenity covered with a thin mask of politeness, would lift her mood. In the current environment however, any interaction with Serenity - even the sound of her voice or the sight of her figure - would make Kiyohime feel even more despondent than she was now.

After all... how could she be so blindsided!

The fact that Anchin... Master... Ainz - sooner or later would attract the love many girls was an obvious thing. After all there's no one better than Anchin in the world, and anyone who's not blind or in denial would see it. And although it cut Kiyohime's heart, as she would prefer to take all Ainz's love exclusively for herself - Anchin's greatness attracted other women to him like moths to flames.

Therefore, Kiyohime should have expected what happened a few days ago to happen and be prepared. She was not.

In the end the beginning of the avalanche only takes one snowflake. It was only necessary for one girl to express her love for Anchin - 'to lay claim to him' - for the avalanche to start rolling from the top, for the other girls to 'attack' Anchin. When each girl felt that their position as a lover to Ainz was threatened, they in drove started to present their 'claim' to Anchin. As they were nothing more than insecure wenches they would feel that their feelings would get lost in the whirlpool and disappear if they were to wait.

In a sense, when one had already gathered their resolve and propositioned Ancin was a situation in which each of those that were attracted to Anchin had to either take decisive action or drop out of the struggle completely.

The number of lovers though was... Perhaps Kiyohime somewhat underestimated Anchin's attractiveness in this regard. The number of challengers for her position that had appeared was an unpleasant surprise. As assured of her position as the legal wife as she is though, this was not the reason for Kiyohime's current state of mind.