Chapter 28

For a second, Ainz froze.

"Chevalier?" - the mage blinked several times, trying to understand what was said - "What does he want?"

The words "Chevalier had information about the Witch" were clear to Ainz. Though he did not understand the motivation for Saber's act.

"Hassan?" The mage reached for Assassin. "Have you contacted him?"

"No" - a negative answer came from the Servant - "I found Saber, who was in the open in the middle of the road, after which I gave him the opportunity to feel my presence - and he announced that he would like to give us some information, if he could meet with my Master. After that, I transfered the information immediately to you, Lord Mage. "

"Good," Ainz nodded. "In that case, retreat from Saber's position at least for a kilometer - after which I will move to you along with the rest of the Servants."

"Of course," Hassan nodded, and then disconnected from Ainz, leaving the mage alone with his thoughts.

Could Saber's proposal be a trap?

"No," Ainz shook his head. "Could it not be a trap?"

Ainz could not answer this. His whole mind, all his experience shouted to him that this was a trap - but a trap for what? Maybe Saber planned to attack them? No, that would be stupid in the current situation - after Ainz and his Servants demonstrated that they were able to fight the Witch on an equal ground he would need all the firepower the Witch possessed in order to have at least some chance.

Maybe he was planning then not to a battle, but usage of some particularly strong ability? During the days of Yggdrasil, many players - even Ainz Ooal Gown itself used similar tactics, luring opponents into the open and then launching several powerful attacks over the area to destroy the enemy in one blow. Yes, this was the most logical behavior for Saber - perhaps, seeing the strength of the Servants and Ainz, he decided to play the bait in order to lure them - and kill them with a single blow. In this case, two questions remained - regarding the Servants used in ambush and Chevalier himself. The first one was particularly difficult - in the time of Yggdrasil, there were many builds and mobs specializing in attacking from far distances, so an attack even from a distance of ten kilometers was possible - while some really special abilities or equipment, such as Ahura Mazda, were capable of causing its effect throughout the game, so there was no obstacle for them... In this case, there was a question about Chevalier himself. Was he protected from attack - or did the Witch decide to sacrifice one of her Servants in order to destroy Ainz? This question bothered Ainz, because depending on the answer to it, he needed to choose the most correct strategy.

Turning to Bathory, Kiyohime and Archer, Ainz used the teleportation spell, and then instantly appeared next to Hassan. Assassin, noticing the appearance of new faces next to him, only nodded to Ainz - "Lord Mage."

"Hassan," Ainz also nodded in response, after which he turned his gaze to the horizon, where in the distance there was an obscure cloudy spot that was Chevalier, "Are there any other Servants around?"

"No, Lord Mage." Hassan only shook it negatively, causing Ainz to frown.

'So they are hiding...' - the magician nodded to this thought - "In that case..."

"Summon Undead: First" - according to the formula of the spell, the mana of the mage instantly began to take shape. This form was not even ten percent as impressive as in the battle with Dracula - instead of the grave cold, only Archer, who was the most sensitive to magic, felt a light cool breeze, after which a small black haze began to take on the shape of a human body. Although this feeling was here only for a second - a moment later, black puffs of smoke formed a skeleton. An ordinary human skeleton, which immediately took an awkward step forward.