Chapter 179

What was better for Ainz?

On one side was Medb, the same Medb from YGGDRASIL. The girl is hated by almost all YGGDRASIL players. Human, demi-human, heteromorphic, players with negative, positive, and even neutral karma hated her. The same Medb who, during YGGDRASIL's heyday, was the source of three or even five new threads popping up daily on the forum boards. All with variations of the title 'I know Medb cannot be trusted, but the reward has been so great, so... ', quickly followed inevitably by the same poster raging that he lost some rare equipment or another.

It's almost as if the GMs kept a watch on the forum boards to maximize the salt mining.

The same Medb that caused Ainz to lose three full sets of enchanted items, at least three dozen levels, and at least twice denied himself access to other quests and profitable vendors just to complete her quest line...

To this Medb, Ainz would have preferred not to approach, keeping a distance of... Well, planets, he guessed.

On the other hand, the alternative to dealing with Medb, was dealing with an embittered, to the point of murder, woman who wanted to stick him to the pointed end of a spear. And that's immediately upon meeting him! A woman, who, for some reason, thought that he was Balor!

Ainz had met with Balor before, a result of a quest line of confrontation with Angrboda had even netted him to have two of Balor's rings, a very rare drop! Needless to say, he was almost intimately aware of how Balor actually looks like. He could absolutely tell that he, in no way, looks like one!

Exactly what part of Ainz's appearance looked like the one-eyed giant?!

Or rather than those two sources of headaches, there is another option... he could have gone to Da Vinci! The realization caused Ainz to calm down after a moment, before he raged again once more.

What great options he has!

If he didn't get cut into little pieces, he would need to face a dozen thousand questions about his current state, his actions in the Singularity – perhaps even what he knew about Medb... How is he supposed to answer those kinds of questions!?

Okay, if only about Medb – Ainz could at least roughly recall her lore, her related quests, and one or two fun facts about her – and that's it. There's no way that those were the questions that Da Vinci would ask... Okay, she would definitely ask about those things, but what about uncovering the secrets of YGGDRASIL's working that would follow next? Secrets that he himself just didn't know?

"Huh, it's funny how quickly priorities change, doesn't it?" Ainz could only sigh, seeing that the event that had seemed so embarrassing to him just a couple of dozen minutes ago, the transformation of Mashu from dying to becoming immortal, had suddenly become one of Ainz's least concern.

Not to say that it's not something he would like to avoid, though. Actually, having some distance to it now, Ainz knew he should have at least answered a couple of Mashu's questions before bolting out of his own room with an excuse. In fact, he might even have an answer to some!

For example, if Mashu were to ask him 'Ainz, why did you make me immortal?!' he already found an answer to that one! In fact, Ainz could even vividly imagine Mashu asking that, he could almost even hear her voice, then, just as vividly, he could imagine his own answer.

'You see, just turning a human into an immortal entity is so easy and insignificant to me that I decided to have mercy on you and grant you eternal life!' Something like that!

Didn't that sound cool? Oh, it certainly did!

Would it not cause several dozen further problems, misunderstandings, and questions following from that answer? Alas, also absolutely!